Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
HannaBanana said:
Id be more worried to see the health testing of the parents to make sure the pups are 100% health than worry about coat color. ;)
Ditto, or possibly supporting a backyard breeder when so many animals are put to sleep in shelters every day. :mad:

·
Registered
666 Posts
computer monitor color can vary but Jacks brown is mohogany. i think you can get a gerneral idea by looking at him what can happen when back yard breeders try to do exactly what you are wanting. though i'm sure some of his litter had perfect flashy markings

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
here are some colors for you, flashy fawn, not so plain mahogany brindle, flashy brindle and not so plain reverse brindle, all out of the same litter, their mother is flashy brindle and their father is plain mahogany brindle, their grandmother on the fathers side was flashy mohogany brindle, one of my favorite colors.

·
Registered
18,320 Posts
I'm with Heather on this one, I would buy a purple Boxer if the proper health testing was done...It's not about the color, altho that mating COULD produce some pretty dogs, it's all about health & temperment..Greg's girls are a great example of the color spectrum you can end up with and may I say again they are just gorgous!!

G

·
j.scribble said:
My friend is breeding a brindle female and a male mahogany boxer, my qustion is is there a suck thing as flashy mahogany boxers, or deep mahogany boxers or a combo of both? just wondering!
Health testing aside (not that it's not the MOST IMPORTANT part of breeding), but if the breeder is looking for flashy marked pups in a litter, at least one of the parents needs to have flashy markings. If both parents are plain (little to no white markings) there is a very small chance that any of the pups will have flash to them.

Tootsie provided a link a while ago which I had to look up on an older post here. It's quite insightful regarding how genetics work when it comes to color.

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/inheritance.shtml

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
samsonsmom said:
I'm with Heather on this one, I would buy a purple Boxer if the proper health testing was done...It's not about the color, altho that mating COULD produce some pretty dogs, it's all about health & temperment..Greg's girls are a great example of the color spectrum you can end up with and may I say again they are just gorgous!!
I want a purple Boxer, Willow!! I also agree that Greg's dogs are all gorgeous. Every one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts