Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the biggest differences between a male and female boxer? I'm in the process of researching breeders so I may purchase my very first boxers. I have my mind pretty set on a male, but I hate to limit myself to only a male. So what are the biggest differences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I say personally, go with a male. My boys have been more laid back and easier to train. I love my girl but she is a handful.

·
Registered
237 Posts
LoL Now you tell me, I have a female, yep she's a crazy one, brown spots the lawn, digs holes where's she's not suppose to. Pester the other dogs when they want to relax. But I love her all the same with her craziness, cus when she's good she's a sweet heart, and big friendly wiggle butt. Well off to training to wear her out for the day.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
See and I am going to have to disagree, lol.

I find males for ever goofy and stubborn. Females always want to please and are easier to train.

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
My female was easier to train, but is stubborn and demanding.
My male was slower to train, but listens better once he learned than my female does.
He is totally goofy though :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Demitri is a male, this is our first boxer. He is such a handful if we were to get another I would want a female. But goodness I don't know now!:) has anyone heard of dark brindle boxers being more stubborn then others?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I agree with Ashlee and MaxtoMolly. My males have all been laid back. My female is a complete handful. Stubborn, total alpha and horrible to train. I lover her to death, but, argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My male is an 80 lb mush who lets my 50 lb female walk, and bite all over him. LOL.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Males are more lovable...and more laid back.

Both can be difficult to train, although females are more stubborn.

Both are clowns.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I agree with Ashlee and MaxtoMolly. My males have all been laid back. My female is a complete handful. Stubborn, total alpha and horrible to train. I lover her to death, but, argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My male is an 80 lb mush who lets my 50 lb female walk, and bite all over him. LOL.
Winnie, you could be describing my 2 pups!! I can't believe the things Max lets Zoe get away with!! He's and 80 pounder and so far Zoe's hit 42 and growing at 7 1/2 months but she if definitely the boss now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts