Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those of you who have both male and female boxers, is it normal for their body shapes to be different?  Gunnar is very tall and lean, he literally RIPPLES muscles down his legs, his neck, he looks like a boxer on steroids.  My little Ginger, she's a little on the chunky side, not FAT now, she's just thicker than he is.  And she's not nearly as muscular.  Is this typical???

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well i honestly am no help here, i have both females. Genetics determines height and such. Savannah is a very stout female, and very solid-you cant see muscle, but she is thick. Reese on the other hand is  2yrs younger than Savannah and she is taller and leaner and you can see her muscles developing. she is only 10 months old so she is still growing.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Well, I've had a male and he was on the shorter side ,but muscular and stocky. His final weight was about 74 pounds at around 22 inches high. My female has unbelievable long legs and is very thin and muscular. She is 23 1/2 inches high and weighs about 65 pounds. I don't know if that helped you any, but I really don't think anything with their size is typical. Pretty much what Andrea said, all genetics.  :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're just so different in that aspect.  But Gunnar is a lot taller than my stepson's adult male boxer, we call Oscar the junkyard dog cause he's short and stout.  I've never seen a dog with muscles like his, guess he gets it from all his "patroling" my yard every night!  He's constantly in and out of his doggy door, the least little noise and it's full alert!  He's mommy's protector that's for sure!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have Bo and Laila.  Bo is 11 weeks old today and Laila is 10 weeks old.  He weighs around 15 pounds, she weighs around 10.  He is tall, thin, and lean and she is shorter and chunkier.  I think it is because of their gender.  Pretty sure it is normal.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My male is taller and thicker than my female.  He's a muscular dude!  My female is on the thinner side.  She's small.  He weighs about 65 lbs and she weighs 49 lbs.  Don't know if that helps any but that's my story.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Part of it is going to be their pedigree, what their parents, grandparents were like. But there is definitely a difference as far as muscle mass in the males..My Buck was 70 lbs of pure muscle, long, lean and just gorgous. Tia was a bit on the tubby side, I usually had her on a diet in the winter due to lack of exercise.She weighed 65 lbs.So only 5 lbs difference, but you could just look and see the differences...Now Samson, well I can't use him as a comparison, he's stocky and old, lol..Angel on the other hand is a bit rangy, but within the standard, she weighs 60 lbs and altho she's strong, she doesn't have the muscle mass that Buck did..It's a gender thing :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
My neighbor has a male and a female from the same litter (about 2 years old) and while they are about the same height the female is about 7 lbs heavier and it's not fat.  The male is just thin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts