Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was passing by a park on Sunday and saw a guy selling Boxer Puppies from his pickup truck, I stopped and my heart sunk. There were 6 puppies 3 white and 3 Fawns, the father and mother were also there. According to him they were 7 weeks old, but they actually look as if they are 4-5 weeks. The mom looks as if she has Mainge and the father looks as if he had been in a dog fight with 10 dogs. Needless to say, they all looked like they needed some TLC. I go and pick up one of the white puppies and the seller tells me I'm selling them for $400 each but that one I will give it to you for $200 because she is deaf. I was in shock, she is a gorgeous baby. She was so weak that she didn't want to stand on her 4 legs, she would not bugde for nothing. How can someone treat animals with such cruelty. All the puppies looked as if they hadn't eaten in days, so I asked, "Why are they so skinny"? He replies, It's because I haven't put the mom to feed them because they make a mess! I know when a puppy is missing a meal or two, but these puppies hadn't eaten in days. That day I was with my family and had groceries in the car so I needed to get home before things spoiled, so I asked him for his number and told him that I will keep in touch because I was interested in the deaf one. I went home and me and my wife were talking about the conditions of those dogs, we were both worried about them.

I called him yesterday to see how the pups were doing, he remembered me and said your the one that wants the deaf one, right? I said yes, is she still available? He said when are you coming to pick her up? I told him that I wouldn't be able to give him the $200 because the dog needs immediate medical attention and that it was going to cost me a pretty penny, I told him I'll give you $100. To make a long story short, I went to pick her up and she was infested with fleas, stunk like poop & pee and was shivering non stop. He says to me that is because I had to put them outside for a little bit while the floors in the house dry up. I asked again how old they were and he says to me I think they Went to Petsmart bought her a flea collar, puppy dry & wet food and Flea & Tick shampoo for puppies. Got home bathed her, put the collar then fed her. If you would have seen the way she was eating it was as if she hadn't eaten in days. The entire night she would wake up every hour to eat, she finished a whole can last night. This morning I took her out to do her thing, and i also let my other 4 dogs out as well and she was playing and jumping like a puppy should be. She is such a beautiful puppy we have named her Belle and I am hoping I can teach her sign language being that she is deaf. (ITHINK) I will be taking her to the vet this week to make sure her real age, and to see if she has any problems.

Now my other concern now is the other puppies and their parents, I would love to make sure that this guys never owns a dog again. The only reason he has them is to make money. Please give me your advice on what measures I should take. I was thinking of calling the Humaine Society or Animal Control, but then they also run the risk to be euthinized and I do not want that to happen.

Attached is a picture of Belle.[attachment=3:1edgcdw9]SSPX0390.jpg[/attachment:1edgcdw9]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My heart just aches reading that story.. :weep: :weep: ..I thank you so much for saving her..what a little tiny sweetheart she is..I pray something can be done to save the rest of them from those ...............!!.. :(

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awwww this breaks my heart!!! You are a wonderful family for saving her. I dont know what you should do but i just hope and pray they find good homes and he gets his dogs taken from him and they are able to find the true joy of being in a real family!!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
How sad. I hope something can be done to stop this person. :(

What a sweet pup. I'm so glad she will now get the life she deserves.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh my goodness she is precious! :clap2: So happy you gave her a good home. Kalypso came from a similar situation.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow, that is so very sad. Kudos to you for saving her. I agree she does not look 7 wks to me either. How could he starve those poor puppies like that!!!? I would definitely call the humane society, police, animal cops... not sure what resources you have in your town. He needs to be fined and have his dogs taken from him that is HORRIBLE!! It does take a lot of guts to do that though because once you do there is no turning back but you will save them all I feel anyway!

Good luck in whatever decision you make! Looking forward to more pictures of your gorgeous little girly too!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you and good luck on your rescue!! If it were me I would definitely contact the authorities on this guy. If we don't try to stop people from mistreating their animals the vicious cycle only continues.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is so sad, I wish that you had told him that you wouldn't pay him anything but would take the puppy to try and help it. I think that calling someone is a great idea, I believe they will have a better chance with a rescue then with someone like him. Hopefully they would take the mom & dad, get them fixed so he doesn't have any other puppies. Puppies usually go fast and maybe there is a boxer rescue that would take them once they got picked up.

There are a lot of websites about training deaf dogs, here is a great one:

http://www.deafdogs.org/training/

G

·
0 Posts
thank you so much for rescuing her! i agree that you should call the animal control and they will take care if it those poor puppies need help and the parents too!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Call animal control and tell them that this person is neglecting these dogs and pups. I know it is tempting to just get all the pups out of there, but then there is no end to the cycle. This person is in it just for the money, no matter how little he gets per puppy. If he sells all the pups, he will breed again. It's all supply and demand. :no:
Calling animal control will at least get an AC officer out there to check out the environment that these dogs and puppies are being brought up in. Hopefully they will be able to seize all the dogs and puppies and get them the care they need and get them adopted out.
You may be able to make a difference with just a phone call!
Belle is adorable. Good luck with her. :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Belle is a doll! I agree, you should call somebody. Leaving those pups and dogs with that man is not okay. He needs to answer for what he is doing. Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Call the Humane Society right away and have them come and inspect this guys home and the dogs well being. Some people have no shame and they will stop at nothing to make a buck. I don't know where you live but here in NY there are strict laws against this sort of thing. Hopefully all will work out well for all of the dogs involved in this horrible situation. Good Luck

·
Registered
477 Posts
Definitely call the humane society. The pups will be picked up in no time at all and the mom and dad will be in a better place at the society than with that jerk. Thank you for saving her. She is one gorgeous pup!

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Bless you for rescuing that beautiful little girly. I would definitely call Humane Society/AC/Animal Cops/Rescues...whoever you need to get some action.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bless you for saving her! It breaks my heart to read her story.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 2 with Belle - Thankfully I was I was able to sleep :sleep: lastnight, I put her to sleep in the crate at 9:30pm with my other 2 boxers and she slept thru the night till 5:15am this morning. My wife took her into see the vet this morning and we just found out that she is only 5 weeks old and has hook worms. They did give her meds and hopefully she will get rid of them. They also told my wife that yes it seemd that she is deaf, but being that she is so young it might develop later. So we will see how much sign language she learns. :ROTFLMAO: I asked a breeder friend of mine about what can I give her to plump her up and she suggested that I give her diluted goat milk so she would be able to get some natural fat and nutrients in her little body. She drank about 1/2 a cup in no time Her belly looked bloated after, she looked so cute with a full belly.

I am still debating if I should call the Animal Control or Humaine Society on this guy, I do understand that what he is doing is wrong and maliscious but I also want to make sure that the puppies and the parents are taken care of and not euthinized.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Please call the Humane Society! They have a better chance at a better life with in the Humane Society than with this idiot. If they do not get treated for the worms, then they are worse off. This guy does not know how to take care of his animals. He is going to continue to breed his dogs and create more and more unhealthy pups. You helped save Belle, now help save the rest of her family. It is only one phone call.

Again, thank you for saving that precious girl.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
dejesusangel said:
I am still debating if I should call the Animal Control or Humaine Society on this guy, I do understand that what he is doing is wrong and maliscious but I also want to make sure that the puppies and the parents are taken care of and not euthinized.
I can understand your hesitation but my biggest fear is that they aren't getting the proper nutrition which will cause death or at the very least health problems all through their lives. Puppies immune systems are so vulnerable at that age, they can easily end up with parvo or mange from what he has done so far he would never get them to a vet for care. One question I have, will he let them die if he can't sell them my guess would be yes.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts