Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Having a deaf dog is the most rewarding experience...Storm is deaf and was easily trained...some things were trial and error on our end....Deaf dogs don't get distracted like their hearing counterparts when training....

This exact situation is why I want federal legislation, that is what my week long arguement was about....Call AC this needs to be stopped...Also contact your local boxer rescue so that they may be able to get involved as well.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you all for your concerns.

What I am trying to do now is making sure that the other puppies are taken care of. I called Animal Control yesterday but they aren't able to help until he is selling them or someone can catch him in the act. This is the thing I have been the only one that has been to his home and bought a dog, even though I know his address he will make that connection and who knows if he can retaliate. He did tell me that he will be out again at the park selling them again this weekend. As long as he's selling them without a medical certificate he will get fined for each of them and they can be taken away from him. :yes:

I heard so many things yesterday from him that really have upset me; he docked the tails himself, the mom or dad haven't seen a vet at all, when I told him about the hook worms he says " Oh thats from her breast milk"! I told him that is why I had to spend all this money on Belle because you haven't taken good care of the parents and look who's suffering.

I would love to adopt another one of the puppies, but I know he is in it for the money and will not leave them at a price that I am able to afford another to take them to the vet. And that would make it 6 for me, now thats hard! But if I have to do it to save their lives I will! 8O
My wife will kill me or divorce me but I know I am looking out for the best interest of these Beautiful pupies. [-O<

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I truly know you want what is best for those innocent little puppies, I do, but purchasing them from this guy is only going to make him breed again. The cycle will just continue if he is making any money at all. You need to be strong. If you report him and the puppies get seized, they will be treated and get the care they so desperately need. Then, you can adopt them all if you wish from the shelter or rescue and really feel good about what you have hopefully accomplished, which is to stop this man from breeding any more animals.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree Lisa, don't keep this person breeding by buying another puppy.

G

·
0 Posts
I think you did good by calling animal control. Did you tell them he would be back out there this weekend?

I know you want to help the puppies, but don't support his breeding. I would wait and see if you could get another one after they are taken by the animal control. If you are able to do something like that... I don't know for sure I am just trying to figure out a good plan.

But I am so happy that Belle is doing better and she is starting to fill out. Can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Job well done :clap2: :clap2: Hopefully they will catch him at the park....did you notify boxer rescue? They may step in and do the leg work, I know we would...that way he won't retaliate against you.. the rescue will take the heat for reporting and their is nothing he can do about it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it's really obvious that they are mistreated and malnurished the animnal control can take them away from the owner. I believe if they go to the jerks house and see that nothing seems too out of order (like a few fleas) then AC can not to much about it but to tell them they have to get collars/treatment, and then come back to check on them in a week or so. From my knowledge it is difficult to legally take action unless the situation threats the pups lives. I am going into criminal justice and from classes so far that is what I've learned.
I hope that guy gets busted! People like that do not deserve to have pets....I hope he gets fleas. :twisted:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:whistle: It has now been a couple of weeks and I'm glad to say that Belle is doing wonderful, she is now part of the PACK and our family. :boxr: She is very mischevious but that is what makes her, her. I attached current pictures of her. I will say that after calling the "POPO" :police: lol they have been in touch with this guy that sold her to me and he has gotten rid of all the puppies. According to him he was told that he couldn't be selling puppies without any health certificates so apparently he gave them away. THAT IS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF HIS LIES THAT HE TOLD ME. :[email protected] I will make sure I keep in contact with him and hopefully he won't breed the mom ever again.

I hope you all enjoy Belle's new pictures :up:

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
She is just adorable :) You did the right thing by reporting the man that was selling these little guys. I hope he doesnt breed in the future. So glad you were able to give this little girl a forever home :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am sorry I am just getting to see this post. Your baby is beautiful & you did a wonderful thing. As Hulk said having a deaf dog is very rewarding but at times is stressful too. Storm & Skye are both deaf we use American Sign with them & they do do great with it. You also have the advantage that she will "copy" what you older dogs do & that will help alot.
If you have any questions or just want to talk feel free to ask or contact any of us on here with deaf babies the wealth of information on here is amazing :up:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thank you :bsty: all for your positive messages. She is a very smart girl and we love her to death. :D

I am in the Orlando, FL area if anyone on here is close by maybe we can meet up sometime. My girls love to play with other boxers. :boxr: I am with the boxer meetup and we get together from time to time to have all our boxer friends paly together, it's so much fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:lol: omg she is sooooooooo cute !! look @ her in her little pink shirt >:D<

so glad you all have her !

Isis is totally deaf and like hulk said its sooo rewarding..they "listen" alot better than alot of hearing dogs haha...

Isis was teh MAMA in a situation like that..they used her as a puppy machine..let the pups suck everything out of her..and dumped her to die in an alley...she was 4 yrs old and emaciated to 17 pounds !..look @ her pic...shes 80 lbs in this pic that was taken last week !

thats the result of what those idiots do and how they treat their dogs..its all about money nothing more ! :evil: :wall:

her last week .... 9 yrs old .. my beautiful deafy..and she pays closer attentio and minds better than my totally hearing black lab !

her soon after we rescued her .. when she stood normal her spine stuck up and she was hunched

one last one b/c its funny..their black spots in their skin seem to get larger with age..this is her soaking wet..we call it her dalamation costume :lol:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts