Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times when using this site I have received a pop-up message to update my Abobe Flash player. This is well known and documented malware/adware.

I have started a conversation with the Admin, but no response.

Love the site, but this is keeping me from using it more.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Ah ha....When I was on another forum that switched to this "VerticalScope" this also happened to me, and since the change on this site also. I went and downloaded "anti Virus anti virus n adware from Apple and now its pretty much ok. On occasion I still get it but t least I can get out of it which I couldn't do before. I kept saying it was only on the forums of vertiscope but no one ever said anything. There is also another malware that pops up and says your mac has been infected and to go to site to fix it, also false. But I don't think that one is necessarily on this site I just don't remember.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don’t go to the website, I downloaded the app”Tapatalk” and follow the forum threw there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and the suggestion to use Tapatalk. I'm surprised that the site Admin has not responded to me private conversation or to this topic.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
It all depends on who you reached out too. I personally don’t get any pop ups

·
Administrator
471 Posts
Hey @ScoutsDad,

We did some changes to the site, anti-spam filters and other features. In the process there was an adobe plugin issue, but this was quickly resolved. You shouldn't see any of these notices anymore. If you do see any other bugs, you can always reach out to us so that we can look into it further. Funny enough, if we are not responding, it usually means we are looking into it.

Daniel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the update. I understand that these issues tend to be a moving target and how challenging it is keeping up with the non-stop updates. I appreciate all you do to keep the site up to date.
Take care.
Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts