Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel & I had a "girls day out" on Sat. Marq opted to stay home with Samson. so it we just us girls going to meetup...Angel had a ball...Took her all of 2 minutes to get acclimated and off she went!!  :) Running with the other boxers, we even had an honorary boxer, a golden retreiver who was great...Chasing tennis balls, frisbees, wading in the water, you name it....By the time we left (and I got there late), I had one tired little girl.....

Then it was off to Petsmart...I put her on her Halti and she was wonderful...Saturdays are usually pretty busy there and they were doing one of their "adopt-a-pet" days too...So, lots of distractions, lots of people and I couldn't have asked for a better behaved boxer..Course it helped that she was worn out too....Lol....Angel was dispensing kisses to everyone and setting a great example at the same time.....Picked up a new collar for Samson, a couple new fuzzy squakies and a boxer magazine..

The drive home, which is close to 2 hours, she slept the whole way home.... :)  But her day wasn't done, Marq and a friend were out walking the property lines looking for our fencing markers so he took both dogs with him (we have 2 acres, so it took a bit), Then I had 2 tired dogs!!!!

Here's a few pictures from our day....The first one is a pup from my breeders friend, she looks an awful lot like Angel, except for her nose...

This one was Angels's best bud, they were always together  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Looks like everyone had a blast!  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Look at all those boxers!! I think it is wonderful that everyone gets together like that! What fun angel must of had!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where do you guys go to meet up?  Is it a dog park or is it someone's field?  Our dog parks are the only places here with any decent grass.  Since you have trees there, I am assuming boxers would chase squirrels if they are around- is this true?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anne, it's not a dog park actually.. It's a series of trails behind a housing track, but where we meet, it's surrounded on 3 sides by trees and a creek so it makes it easy to keep the dogs contained...We don't have anything like that here in Jasper, so once a month I figure I can handle the drive up to Huntsville/Madison for this...There are a lot of people that walk their dogs out there, so we meet early to hopefully avoid any problems  :)

And yes, both of mine are squirrel chasers, but they never could catch one  :) And deer chasers, rabbits, you name it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts