Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so in the last week Logan has decided to mark my living room chair, several times! It all started when his buddy Cyrus came over, one of them at first sight released a few drops and it happened to be in front of the chair. I couldn't tell which one it was. Needless to say it started the marking war! The chair was marked three times in the 2 and half hour play date of which we were outside for and hour of. Later on that night Logan marked my shower curtain, no idea why? But now everyday since the moment he is alone in the living room he marks the chair. Last night my husband caught him in the act and corrected him but he did it again later on when we were sleeping on the couch.

I've cleaned it up with the pee away scent stuff but I don't think it's working.

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have the same problem with Sam. He does it to my coffee table and I never catch him in the act! Geez, it is so frustrating! Someone on here recommended Nature's Miracle and it does take the smell away and disinfects - $20 a bottle though. But he still does it... :roll:

·
Registered
693 Posts
We have never had that problem with any of our male dogs. Maybe he's trying to tell you he needs to go out a couple more times a day. :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How old is Logan? Sometimes neutering will help with that. PLus depending on his age, it could be just hormones acting up...I would definitely get some Naturre's Miracle and spray everything down really well and really keep on Logan about not marking..My only male that wasn't neutered never did that so I am no help, sorry

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Felix is neutered, and marks but never in the house.  I think neutering can help with marking, but it doesn't go away completely.
The best thing to do is to keep cleaning it, not all cleaners are created equal- lots of people seem to have success with Nature's Miracle but i've never used it. If you catch him mid stream, or getting ready to lift his leg- clap your hands to distract him and then leash him and go outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts