Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

These are our 2 pups. Marley is 12. Her black mask turned white long ago. I don't know how much time she has left. She's not up for walks anymore, but still loves to snuggle. She's wonderful.

With Junie B., you can definitely see some brown, especially on her back and neck in bright sunlight. I don't know if you call it reverse brindle or sealed brindle. She's about 9 weeks old and learning something new every day. She's a handful, but that's no surprise here.

I keep Junie B. out if Marley's space so she can relax and enjoy her time. I believe this has made the new pup much more acceptable to the elder pup.

20200429_183015.jpg 20200430_103855.jpg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I believe that is a sealed brindle. My neighbor's pup is almost identical and you can only see some of the brown in direct sunlight.

Good looking pup, and sweet old mama.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's cool that your neighbor has a similar looking dog. I wonder if she'll be more brown appearing as she ages. It'll be a fun ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Did his his color lighten with age at all or stay just as dark as when he was a puppy?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well , unfortunately he only lived to be 3 but he did have a beautiful coat and he looked black you only saw his brown in the sun. I have seen his sire who is 7 now and his coat has remained black.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Well , unfortunately he only lived to be 3 but he did have a beautiful coat and he looked black you only saw his brown in the sun. I have seen his sire who is 7 now and his coat has remained black.
Aw man only three??? I am so sorry! But at three was it heart issues??

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes it was DCM that killed him, and thanks for the thoughts I miss my boy he was a fantastic dog. Here is a picture of him. He had a big personality and was so much fun I have tons of pictrures of him he had a short life but he got to do a lot and he did have a lot of fun. That was a very bitter pill to swallow but there was ultimately nothing I could do but love him and hope the meds would work and when they didn't I had no choice but to end his suffering. I will never forget him like I said he was one of the best dogs I have ever had. I have two boxers right now so I am not alone but that doesn't mean I forget my fur kids ever.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts