Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a boxer that has dealt with this. Our girl has had bouts of diarrhea, she also been drinking lots of water and last week vomit bile, very lethargic. Bloodwork was fine in March, now some changes, they did xrays, chest okay but mass in abdomen. We got an ultrasound done last Saturday, it confirmed mass on liver. To follow up with biopsy ultrasound guided. Waiting to get a call from vet to make sense of the report and where to go from here. This news is very upsetting, Lily turned 10 last month. This week eating, drinking lots still but alert. Just want to know if anyone’s boxer has gone through this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Prognosis not good. My vet said a biopsy and or surgery is too risky. The mass is large and abscess on there as well. Lymph nodes affected. Too much to put a 10 yr old through. So we are letting her live her life out as long as she is not suffering. She is eating, drinking, etc. still good, she sleeps a lot. But going to treasure each day we have left with her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Prognosis not good....
My Davis went through this same exact thing at 12, as well. Always sad.

My 13 1/2 year old, Forrest, has a mass at the base of his heart, pushing slightly on his trachea, which causes him to cough occasionally. Ultrasound on Aug. 7 to see what it is, combined with blood tests. Boxers are very susceptible to cancer, unfortunately.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Davis went through this same exact thing at 12, as well. Always sad.

My 13 1/2 year old, Forrest, has a mass at the base of his heart, pushing slightly on his trachea, which causes him to cough occasionally. Ultrasound on Aug. 7 to see what it is, combined with blood tests. Boxers are very susceptible to cancer, unfortunately.
I am sorry to hear that. How did Forrest make out with his ultrasound?

It’s been a month since Lily’s diagnosis. Grateful she has been doing good considering. I know what’s ahead but I really hope she has more months with us.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our Lily passed. I will post again on Rainbow Bridge. I did last week but don't see it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am so sorry you lost your Lily its sounds like she had someone who loved and cared for her until the end which is what all dogs deserve. There is not much that can be said to ease the pain, but know you did everything you could for her. I am so sorry. I recently lost two of my boxers in a row to DCM so I know this is a very hard time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts