Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my max is 3 years old my friend has a 2 year old sadie she's in heat today is the tenth day
we have been trying to get them together

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
if it is the first time you have to help them and always keep holding the female because if she gets hurt she'll try to bite him, the male you have no worries if they are connected he will know what to do until he is done. good luck you'll have wonderfull puppies.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Why are you trying to get them together? Are you a breeder, or just someone who wants puppies?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm sorry I also have to ask the same question, why are you breeding? Have both dogs had their health testing done prior to this? Your Max is stressing due to the female being in season, but to mate just to have pups? I'd really reconsider that. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but just concerned.... :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
are you looking to better the breed with puppies? have your dogs had all the necessary health testing? Are you prepared to pay out the money for the puppies health testing, vaccines and tail/dew claw removal. These are things to take into consideration before mating.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
You say they are healthy dogs, have they both had all their health testing done? Have they been thyroid tested, OFA'ed for hips, and cleared for both SAS and ARVC? Has any of the dogs been shown to championship? This is a very serious and touchy subject here. The only reason to breed is to better the breed.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I didn't see his response, but I guess that just tells us what kind of "breeder" he is. I really do just try to educate, but like you said, some people just don't want to hear it.  Someday he will learn too....I hope.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i didnt see the response either. Apparently he is the type of person ask for advice hoping to get a specific response, but gets upset when he doesnt get the one he wants. such a shame.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well - I guess he's never had a boxer who needed $4,000 in hip surgeries because the "breeder" :roll: never bothered to have the breeding stock tested for anything.

I think the best way to keep people following good breeding practices is to continue to educate the buying public - of they can't sell the puppies they won't breed.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Leanne\";p=\"5575 said:
Nice mouth!
i was wondering where this post came from...

but now i see...

doubtful this will stop him from breeding...  I dont really know much about breeding, do you need a license to breed animals... if not there should definitely be one... and anyone else should pay fines for breeding with out a license

1 - 14 of 14 Posts