Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this because I thought it was too cute and funny. Well, Maverick is not allowed on the couch because we felt once guests come over etc we couldnt tell him no some of the time and yes other times and we didnt want him ruining the furniture. Anyway he has come up with MANY ways over the past months of getting away with this...for example he will come up for a hug but just put his front paws up to be close enough to get some love then be on his way. We have always allowed his just not allowed him to climb up on the couch and scratch and jump about as he wants to do to chase the cat.

Well the other day i watched him come up to get a hug and i gave it to him. After that he moved over to the seat next to me just his front paws...then slowly he wiggled his one back leg up leaving the other one touching the floor. He sat there like that while we looked at him in disbelief. It was as though he was saying 'what...im not breaking any rules?" Very cute and just one of the many stunts he tries to pull on us all the time.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO....Yup, give em inch and they will take a mile  :) Too cute and sounds just like a Boxer

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah will do that too, it is so hard to say no.  She can come up on the couch when invited but only if invited.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
FREDOSMOM\";p=\"60261 said:
How do you teach them to only come up when invited?
I really didn't have to do much, I got Kiah at 8.5 months through rescue and I believe she was already trained to stay off furniture.  When I invite her I just pat the couch and tell her "couch".  If I don't want her up or if company is here I don't pat the couch.  If she  jumps up on her own, I make her get off and tell her "no couch" and make her do a down.  I just have to be careful about being consistent and don't allow her to stay if she jumps up by herself which is sometimes very difficult when she gives me that sad, pouty face  :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts