Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Porter a Kong the other day and I just have a question... what's the best way to clean it out??  It sounds like frozen PB and yogurt can be quite messy to clean up after its use.  Not that PB isnt hard enough to clean up.  ha!   ~X(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: May be a silly question... How do you CLEAN out the Kong

I take it outside and use the sprayer from the garden hose. Then clean it with soap and water.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

i bought one of those baby bottle brushes...the kind you use to clean the baby bottles out. Ive also heard you can put them in a dishwasher but i do it the old fashion way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Great... thanks guys.  Yeah, I thought about the baby bottle cleaner thingy.  We'll see how nasty it is after his first use.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

I try to clean it up the best I can in the sink and then just toss it in the dishwasher!  :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

I scrub mine out with a little kitchen brush and put it in the dishwasher also....I learned fast that you need more then one :)  I think I have three now and it makes it easy to always have one chilling in the freezer and not have to battle to hurry and clean one.....

·
Registered
466 Posts

Did most of you use the 3.5 inch when they were pups? Or just start off with the 4.5?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

I used the baby size one when they were puppies. I think they actually have softer ones in a marbled blue or pink motif made just for puppies because if they want to chew on them it is softer on their teeth.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I use a bottle brush too. I used to put them in the dishwasher but I thought they cracked and fell apart a lot faster...but maybe it was just me :).

Kerri

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I just bought Flick the puppy Kong, which I'm sure won't last long as he grows..I also soak the empty Kongs in hot soapy water and use the bottle brush, works great

·
Registered
1 Posts

I use a bottle brush as well but the other day at Petsmart i saw they have a kong cleaner but again all it is is a baby bottle brush cleaner.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

Max won't touch his, even with PB in it.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

By giving it to Odin! LMAO! SERIOUSLY!!! He cleans it COMPLETELY out of whatever was in it!

I do stick it in the dishwasher... never had an issue. I noticed at PetSmart they actually sell bottle brushes that are kong shaped and different sizes to fit each size kong!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts