Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for letting us join your forum. I have a granddog boxer of about 8yrs and in 2016 got my own Miss Bella. My dear Bella has been dx'ed with a heart condition with a very poor prognosis. Hoping to find some people here with similar experiences, maybe some hope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes my Bella has subaortic stenosis. No murmurs had been heard till last month when I took her in for intermittent lameness in a front leg. The next evening she was in the ER in CHF and we didn’t know if she’d make it home. That evening we learned she had an enlarged heart. She had an echo 4 days later that showed the stenosis and also that she has vegetative lesions on her aortic valve from Endocarditis. Basically her prognosis is critical and she could die any day, hour, or minute. Fall over and die instantly or go into left sided heart failure. She also has polyarthritis, which is where that front leg lameness came from. She is currently stable and does not know she is sick. I let her play with reason, even if it may kill her, because she’s not even 2yrs old and I’m thinking quality over quantity at this time. I have seen nothing that gives me hope that she will make it another 6 mos. 1/3 pass the first week. 100% pass within 6 months. 60 days median survival. We are at day 36 since her first symptoms occurred. This is a rare condition but I was hoping someone here might have BTDT or knows of someone who has.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to that you are dealing with such a tough thing! I hope that u enjoy the time you guys do have together

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yes my Bella has subaortic stenosis. No murmurs had been heard till last month when I took her in for intermittent lameness in a front leg. The next evening she was in the ER in CHF and we didn’t know if she’d make it home. That evening we learned she had an enlarged heart. She had an echo 4 days later that showed the stenosis and also that she has vegetative lesions on her aortic valve from Endocarditis. Basically her prognosis is critical and she could die any day, hour, or minute. Fall over and die instantly or go into left sided heart failure. She also has polyarthritis, which is where that front leg lameness came from. She is currently stable and does not know she is sick. I let her play with reason, even if it may kill her, because she’s not even 2yrs old and I’m thinking quality over quantity at this time. I have seen nothing that gives me hope that she will make it another 6 mos. 1/3 pass the first week. 100% pass within 6 months. 60 days median survival. We are at day 36 since her first symptoms occurred. This is a rare condition but I was hoping someone here might have BTDT or knows of someone who has.
I'm so so sorry you and she are going thru this. I haven't seen it mentioned before but give it some time maybe someone on here will know something. Will keep you and yours in my thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts