Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Molly's brother

He is staying with us because his family moved to a smaller house and they had 5 Dogs
He is a year old and obviously from another litter

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
He's a cutie!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you I just hope that I can somehow manage to keep whats left of my sanity.
Its gonna be tough because he is deaf and the lady that had him REALLY sheltered him. He had never been outside of his own backyard or house.
She was worried it would scare him.
Also she never had the time to teach him anything so I have to basically start from scratch with him.
I can do it.
And his name is perro blanco (I had it backwards) and there is also another spanish version of his name(slang) that we call him but I dont know how to spell it.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Soooo.....has he found a permanent home with you?  :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,
I think he would be a good project for me.
He doesnt know anything but >:/ and thats how we get him to come.
I really like him and when I leave here I will be taking ALL of my dogs with me and wont leave unless I know for sure they are allowed or I have arranged something temporary.
(for the people that know my current situation)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis new NOTHING when she came home...its not so hard when they are deaf...youll see...they are super responsive to learning and lots of love..hell be fine..socializing and new situations are always good...and he wont be anymore scared than any other dog..he cant hear but he can see and smell..:D

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
he is soo handsome Desiree! a couple of months ago you only had summer and now you have to more!  :D  i hope everything goes well with his training!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sumyasmom\";p=\"70959 said:
he is soo handsome Desiree! a couple of months ago you only had summer and now you have to more!  :D  i hope everything goes well with his training!
Thank you. I hope that he will be loved here just as much as the others.
I know that only one of my dogs is pure bred and I hope it doesnt bother anybody that I talk about the others here also.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:wink: they are all pups..and all your babies..so you know they are jsut as loved :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ky, I need more ways to be able to get his attention. HELP ME :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm sure he'll come around soon.  Good luck with all the hand signals.  Only one I do is my fist, they know it as sit.  I got so frustrated with Charlie one day I made a fist to punch the way and he sat right down.  I took that as our little hand signal and to this day, if I say Charlie and make a fist, he sits at full attention.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are either one of your babies deaf? If so I never knew that.

G

·
0 Posts
Des.

CAn you try maybe stomping?>  I'm sure he could feel vibrations through the floor?  Not sure, but a possibility

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
haha Maddy, as you may know, is deaf as a door knob. hah, get used to alot of arm waving to get their attention, i find that with stomping it startles them and they get kinda panicked.. then she runs to the door thinking someones there. :p On average, i wave my arms like an idiot about 39 times a day :p lmao Good luck on him, he's adorable! What is he?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He is a cutie, my sister had a deaf dalmation and she (the dalmation) followed the lead of the other dogs; did real well with hand signals.  My sister and brother-in-law made the hand signals up, it was what made sense to them.  The other dogs learned them also.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
SummerLuv\";p=\"71017 said:
[quote="sumyasmom\";p=\"70959":1606iuhc]he is soo handsome Desiree! a couple of months ago you only had summer and now you have to more!  :D  i hope everything goes well with his training!
Thank you. I hope that he will be loved here just as much as the others.
I know that only one of my dogs is pure bred and I hope it doesnt bother anybody that I talk about the others here also.[/quote:1606iuhc]

doesn't bother me one bit!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts