Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Here is Nelson, he is only 1 week old in these pics. He is a full flashy fawn as you can see.

I have been told that his white markings could change as he grows. Specifically the white stripe between his eyes will go thinner. Can you tell me if any of his other white markings will change?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
The white will become thinner some as his head grows and spreads out I have noticed that happened with my dogs they had a lot of white when they were your dogs size now they are older the white doesn't look so broad.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
1 week old?? LOL, that is a bit soon to start worrying about stuff?? But I tend to favor White Boxer's so that is not something that would be an issue. Welcome aboard and congratulations! :)

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Aww yes he will grow into his white markings, they will change a little but overall I think he will look a lot the same. Why are they hand feeding? Anyway welcome and congratulations. I do hope that this is a reputable breeder who did health testing on the sire and dam. Looking forward to updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for your replys.

He is now 3 weeks and doing great. Yes I have chosen a reputable breeder. All her dogs are KC registered. She was hand feeding just to help out the mum as she had 12 puppy's with this litter.

·
Registered
634 Posts
He is adorable!

We had the fortune of selecting our older boxers when they were 2 weeks old. They both have a white stripe down the top of their heads to their nose.
Jax is brindle w/ a black mask, as a puppy his stripe was about 1/4" wide for the most part, with a wider spot on the top of his head. Now, he has maybe an 1/8" stripe down by his nose and above his eyes on his head.
Tundra is a flashy fawn. He had about a 1/2" stripe. His is a little smaller, but not nearly as noticeable as Jax.

Since you are more interested in the Fawn, I have a photo of them at 2 weeks, and recent (Tundra with our other boxer, Bandit, sitting on him...LOL). Jax you can see in the front on my avatar photo. His face is mostly all black now.

There were 11 puppies in their litter.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Your pup is adorable and I bet the wait is long, lol. That was a big litter, our guy came from a litter of 10. Kai is also AKC registered and I didn't know at the time the the sire and dam should have had certain tests prior to breeding to rule out certain genetic issues. So we always worry about him and if some issue will arise. Good luck with your new pup it won't be too long now.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Hi thanks for your replys.

He is now 3 weeks and doing great. Yes I have chosen a reputable breeder. All her dogs are KC registered. She was hand feeding just to help out the mum as she had 12 puppy's with this litter.

He is so adorable, glad you found a good breeder and wow big litter, I can see why she is supplementing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now 5 weeks old and you can already tell he is growing into his marking. Cant wait to bring him home 3 more weeks left to wait.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nelson is a very pretty boy, and I am excited for you to have a new addition but get your rest now puppies are ALOT of work!!! I find out every time when you get a new dog you forget in between how much work puppies are if you want to make them a good companion it takes a lot of time and training but its all worth it in the end. Congrats on your new boy. Its fun to watch them grow though and explore their new world and things around them I always feel bad when they are separated from their siblings you know they are confused and scared the breeder I got mine from had a small blanket she rubbed on is Mom and siblings and sent that home with him and I think that helped I let him sleep with that.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks for the updated photos. The time seems to drag while you wait for them, and then you turn around and they are 6!

I love his nose markings....kind of looks like a clover...or inkblot test thing....
He's a gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tell me about it! Its dragged so much. Only a week and half to wait until we can bring him home.

3 Posts
He’s so cute!!! I have a boxer with a stripe between his eyes! It shouldn’t go away that much! Ours kept his! First pic is Nico at 9 weeks and second pic is him at 6 years old! His stripe is pretty much the same!! Hopefully this helps you!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts