Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted a question about my little girl roxi and realized I never introduced her. I got roxi last year June as an addition to our family with our rescue boxer mix rusty( he is 70ish % boxer the rest lab and pit). I knew I wanted a boxer just didn’t know any good breeders. Talking with a trainer friend of mine one day and hehappened to know a lady that had a litter recently( my first thought was byb) I call the lady and immediately ask about health testing and and can I see the results. Turns out she had results for everything I found on here to ask for from both mom and dad encouraged us to come out and meet mom and dad as well as the pups. I lucked out that someone didn’t pass her background run that she does for buyers and since she knew my friend and my immediate requests for testing I did. I will add some pictures of roxi as a pup and the most recent 595BE0B5-ACDD-45D3-89D7-7249885DFB50.jpeg this is when we first got her 997BB1D2-AF84-4284-B76F-0030F2CA1057.jpeg I believe she is about 6 months in this one

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Roxi is adorable and you were very lucky that person didn't pass their ownership test! I wish more breeders would be more careful who gets their dogs. Very often it seems who can flash the most money gets the dog but there are a few breeders out there who care very much who gets their dogs and who will provide them the best homes. I am happy you got her and she should be a great dog!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys yes I got very lucky. I was able to meet mom dad grandma and great grandma great grandma was 12 or 13 . Our breeder was very good in terms of ownership she made sure I knew what I was getting into with a boxer and has followed up very frequently to check on us. She even put the offer out there to board our puppy whenever we take vacations all I have to do is provide the food.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thank you guys yes I got very lucky. I was able to meet mom dad grandma and great grandma great grandma was 12 or 13 . Our breeder was very good in terms of ownership she made sure I knew what I was getting into with a boxer and has followed up very frequently to check on us. She even put the offer out there to board our puppy whenever we take vacations all I have to do is provide the food.
That sounds great she will keep Roxie for you if you want to go away. Sounds like she really cares about the well being of her dogs. I haven't had a vacation in like over 30 years now I don't trust anyone with my dogs!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi There, Welcome in! Roxi is a beautiful Girl! Your breeder sounds exactly like ours, she cares so much for all of her pups and the intense health testing. She also has offered to board our new puppy, actually said that she would be honored. We get to pick up our girl "Charlie" in 2 days (passed final health check)! We were not as lucky as you in that it has been a very very long road to get to where we are, I guess good things come to those who wait... Congrats!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts