Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently adopted my little guy rusty when we got him they said he was full boxer but I believe he is mixed with something as he doesn't look like a full boxer. He definitely does show all of the things I have known about boxers though loves to play uses his front paws almost like hands and is very much an oversized lap dog

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I thought he may have some lab in I'm either way love the little guy wouldn't change him for the world great temperament awesome with other people and dogs not so much with the cats he wants to play and chase and they want to scratch his eyes out

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Doesn't look like Boxer but the punching with the paws thing is a Boxer trait ... hence the name.

The cat thing ... you on dog v cat crap ... I am well ... pretty much an expert. And the number one rule in dog v cat, relationships is "the dog never chases the cat period ... end of story!"At my high point I had 17 cats and up to five dogs "bully's" all and in 15 years ... I never had a single cat v dog, issue. My dogs don't even perceive cats on walks??? I see them and my dogs pay them no heed. They are not prey, so you know why should they care???

Most likely ... your dog is not that bad?? But he is annoying to the cat?? And he will keep that up until you teach other wise by "Correcting" him! I'm not real big on screwing around myself with this myself but ... you can find a few "slow roll approaches here by "Experts."

:German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - GSD and a Cat?

And I'm gonna guess that your dog is more on the annoyance than dangerous??? For annoying Cat v Dog behaviour a "Bonker" is your best course of action ... if you don't want to spend weeks or months dealing with this crap ... details here. :

http://www.boxerforums.com/behavioral-issues/182569-stopping-unwanted-behavior-bonkers.html

Review that first and then ask questions first ... it seemed pretty straightforward to me?? But people seem to mess it up??? :)

Oh and welcome aboard. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts