Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I rescued a boxer puppy one week ago today. I posted photos and there were a few guesses as to whether or not both parents were actually boxers or if the pup is a boxer mix (doesn't matter now - I'm in love), but I just received a photo of the parents from the rescue agency. Your thoughts?
Sue
Sue
Dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed Grass

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here some interesting info for those who may be interested. You can have multiple fathers within the same litter.

These two could have been intentionally bred but if care wasn’t taken to keep a close eye on mom, any neighborhood stud muffin could have joined in the baby making fun.
The plot thickens..... one of her litter mates was tested and the adopter shared the results with me:
48% boxer, 16% rottweiler, 9% labrador retriever, 6% bulldog, 5% shihtzu. (I know those don't total to 100% but I didn't bother listing all the other small percentages.) It will be curious to see if my DNA results are similar, but like you said, even if they are not it could simply mean my pup had a different dad, or it could mean DNA tests are not very accurate. But they're fun, regardless. :)
Sue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting results shows you just never know unless you get the pedigree with your dog. The most puzzling is Shitzu that must have been a talented dog to be involved in the breeding of all these much bigger dogs!
Right?! LOL Someone used a step stool, or the bigger of the two was on his/her knees.
Sue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it looks like the "Mystery," is solved! And that is why her head confused me? No Pitbull at all apprently? So that is why her head was confusing me! And I knew the dad seemed uh big but I still can't see Rottie myself but clearly it was there at some point.

And the Shitzu, bit is just weird? But some of those dog's can be real A-Holes! I had to protect my GSD, from one three freaking times! He recalculated as he burst out the door and charged us ... the first time! It was a large front yard and "Rocky," suddenly appeared too big for a frontal assault as he got closer? So he hit the brakes and his owner scooped him up.

The second time ... he came from the rear and I had just enough time to keep him from trying to "Hamstring Rocky!" And the third time (sigh) he dashed across the street!? But more time and space and I was looking for him! He stopped cold when he saw me, instead of my dog ... POC! Then he disappeared, he was a poorly trained A-Hole Dog?

So he most likely got hit by a car or ran up against a "Dog and an owner," who did not really care what his dog did? I don't know?

But anyway how are things going these days with her and your smaller dog?
All three of my pups are getting along WONDERFULLY. The 160 pounder is 9.5 years old so mostly just wants to lie around and sleep, but he tolerates the puppy climbing on him and licking him. The 5 year old 40-pounder seems to really enjoy having someone to frolic with but runs out of energy LONG before the puppy does. That's when this old broad steps in and plays with the pup to try and tire her out.

Curious to see how big this "pup" gets.
Sue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man she got big fast! Definitely gonna blow past 40 lbs! What is the big guy again?
I keep asking her to slow down her growth a little but she's not complying. The one behind the boxer is the 40-pounder, not sure what the boxer weighs.... next vet appointment next week. The big guy (160 pounds) is a Saint Bernard/Great Dane. :)
Sue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts