Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
LOL and the mystery deepens? The Mom is certainly Boxer and the Dad look's to be a Boxer, certainly the head looks to me to be full Euro. But he certainly look's really buff, for a Boxer?

Assuming those are indeed the parents. Mom is a Boxer and Dad certainly looks to be a Boxer and "assuming," no one got to the Mom? Dad would be "suspect?" He looks, well magnificent! But he seems really "Buff," for a Boxer?

He look's great to me but I must say if you were to do a cross between a Bull Mastiff and a Boxer? I think the offspring would look an awful like him? But I don't know? But a DNA test could tell.

And more recently ... just to make the "DNA," point. I would guess that the least likely Dog, to have Boxer DNA, would be the "Dogo Argentina." Just recently registered and decades in the making. These guy's the Dogo Argentino.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Fawn

They have been in development in .. well, Argentina, since 1929, I believe it is, and looking at him. One would wonder what does that dog have to do with a Boxer?

LOL, well a DNA test would revel the foundation Breeds, used in there "Creation." And one of those, Breed's was the Boxer! The Boxer was introduced into the linage to ensure he was "Gentle, with family!" :)

But not a "Boxer," and certainly not a great "Beginner Dog, but hey I'd say no worst than a WL GSD? Just a different set off issue? But much less likely to go after you, your spouse, the kid's or you know "Strangers in General?" But they "might" have serious other dog issues? Everything is a trade off with serious dog's, just saying.

But back on point and I can't tell with your girl. And while not a "Breed," sigh Boxer/Pit's are very numerous. So much so that they do to have a "look?" And they tend to look alot like my Bella and note the head, ears and color. And they always seem to have Boxer Colors, I have never seen one in Red or Blue, American Pit Bull colors.
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog breed Picture frame

So yeah not a Boxer, but if anyone has had a "Boxer," and meets her she will seem very familiar, sight the good and the bad. I think she kinda, doubles down on the girl thing at times. And you know, if someone ask "My I Pet Your Dog?" I know longer break out in a cold sweat. Another story. :)

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Hmm, can you get any pictures of that puppy? And the 48% and 6% Bull Dog makes sense in as much as the English Bull Dog was part of the foundation stock for the Breed. But Shithtzu and Rotty and Lab?? What the heck is that about and how long ago did that happen?

But no APBT? So that is why, I can't see that in your girl's head. And while I don't see "Rotty," in the Dad? I do see he looks pretty "Buff?" I have never seen a Rotty, that looked like that? But apprently .. Luvmiboxers, has? That aside dad look's like a Boxer to me and (anyway) and Mom certainly is a Boxer. :)

But if Breeding is not strictly controlled, you can get "throwback's," from something tht happened a long time ago. That's why it takes a long time to establish a "Breed Standard." It's interesting and time will tell. :)

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Well it looks like the "Mystery," is solved! And that is why her head confused me? No Pitbull at all apprently? So that is why her head was confusing me! And I knew the dad seemed uh big but I still can't see Rottie myself but clearly it was there at some point.

And the Shitzu, bit is just weird? But some of those dog's can be real A-Holes! I had to protect my GSD, from one three freaking times! He recalculated as he burst out the door and charged us ... the first time! It was a large front yard and "Rocky," suddenly appeared too big for a frontal assault as he got closer? So he hit the brakes and his owner scooped him up.

The second time ... he came from the rear and I had just enough time to keep him from trying to "Hamstring Rocky!" And the third time (sigh) he dashed across the street!? But more time and space and I was looking for him! He stopped cold when he saw me, instead of my dog ... POC! Then he disappeared, he was a poorly trained A-Hole Dog?

So he most likely got hit by a car or ran up against a "Dog and an owner," who did not really care what his dog did? I don't know?

But anyway how are things going these days with her and your smaller dog?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
40 Lbs? Well I guess "little dog," is a relative term? Pom mix put her in the 10 to 12 pound range to me? But your new girl, I'm gonna go with Boxer? And despite "Dad," who look's to me like a really "Buff Boxer." :)

I'd expect her to be in the 55 to 65 lb range eventually? And she would still look small next to a "Male Boxer." Although I did see on FaceBook, a "White Euro Boxer, female that was said to be and looked it 95 lbs (not fat). I could not tell how tall she was but she was a big Dog! But that is not the norm, that I have seen.

Buit last we heard the "pup," was giving the smaller dog a bit of grife at times? What did you do? And when will see pictures of the whole "Doggy Family?" :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts