Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all great forum, would like to introduce myself and my new pup Waylon. We picked him up last Saturday when he turned 8 weeks. Been reading the forums a lot to prepare for bringing him home. Grew up with boxers all my life, but it's about 10 years since my last one. First few nights were rough with the crate training but he's only crying for about 10 minutes now before he goes to sleep. Other than that he's been wonderful.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
He is adorable! Welcome :) I'm new here as well. We bought our girl Athena home this past Friday. We are just getting the crate training down now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, he is a handful at times lol. Potty training is going well, has only had about 3 accidents this week. He doesn't go to the door yet, we have just been taking him outside constantly. He has started play biting a lot the last 2 days, trying to get him to just bite his toys lol.

·
Registered
634 Posts
He's growing by the day. Absolutely hates the leash, working on that. Still loves to play bite, been trying to ignore him when he does that and yell ouch.
If he's like our puppies were, they are more than happy to chew on the leash...LOL
Something that worked for us, we would say 'no bite' when they would bite us, and then give them a toy that they are allowed to chew on and praise them for chewing on that. It's hard to train yourself to keep a toy handy for this...

It's great you are getting lots of photos- they grow way to fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts