Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are more pictures of Mia and her sister Coco (she is the original Mia)! She's such a precious plum! I can't wait to bring her butt home!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's soo much fun to watch the way they are growing...Your breeder is awesome for keeping you updated on Mia's progress...They both are adorable, heck all of them!! I want em all....Lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
SHes so cute!!! I wouldn't of been able to of chosen between the two :) Bet your really excited to bring her home!! :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
She is so sweet!  Her sister looks alot like our Teaki did at that age!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Huh.  I was wrong.  She's not a fawn; she's a saddle-tan.  If the breeder is planning on selling them as purebred and offering AKC registration, she'll need to have a DNA Parentage Evaluation done, since Boxers don't carry the saddle pattern gene.  (It is theoretically possible that each parent had one copy of the gene, since it's a recessive, so if the Parentage Evaluation shows that the dogs claimed are in fact the parents of this puppy, then their purebred status is called into question, perhaps for generations; far better, really, if it just ends up being a different dog that sired the puppy.  Given the coloring and the rear on the other puppy, my best guess would be a GSD, so if she knows of an intact one in the area, she might consider just sending in his DNA from the start.)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Newcastle\";p=\"11083 said:
Huh.  I was wrong.  She's not a fawn; she's a saddle-tan.  Given the coloring and the rear on the other puppy, my best guess would be a GSD
Yeah... Mia looks like a Boxer, but the coloring is definately unique and Mastray and I haven't seen a boxer with coloring like that... as Newcastle mentioned, it does sort-of look like a German Shepherd Dog type of coat/coloring.

Some Sheppard saddle-tan colors... compare to Mia's coat...

Definately a Boxer in build/looks, but that coat just looks like something else... Newcastle may have nailed it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the parents.. They're both boxers...

Jessiesmom said Jessie looked like that coloring as a puppy and now she's fawn. And I saw on another boxer breeders site with only one puppy that looked like that.

ETA - I was just comparing pictures I took, to the ones she took.. and she's no where near as dark as the breeders pictures show.. And in person she's mostly fawn except down her spine. It looks like the pictures she took were done in the late evening or in bad lighting (she has trees behind her house).

·
Registered
245 Posts
She's sooo adorable! But wait.....5 wks and she's coming home in less than 2 weeks?? I thought they're suppose to be 8 weeks when you bring em home??

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I saw the parents.. They're both boxers...
You saw the dogs that the breeder *thinks* are the parents.  I have seen fawn puppies with darker areas along the back - but the black markings on this puppy go down to the legs.  Even manipulating the image to increase the brightness of the photo, there is a saddle pattern on the puppy which is not found in the Boxer breed.  Either another dog got to the bitch, or the parents have another dog in their backgrounds.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked her and she said that they tied in her home and there are no shepherds in the area... Regardless, I'll love my little girl.  And she does not have black markings in my pictures. I did not edit the photos either. I don't know why you'd make that assumption?

She's over 5 weeks right now.. The pictures were taken when she was just a day or two over 5 weeks. So yes, she'll be 7 1/2 weeks when we get her.. Mama stopped feeding them about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't think Newcastle meant that YOU manipulated the pics... but that she brightened a picture and Mia still had the saddle-tan. In any case she's a cutie-pa-tootie! Odin's breeder was going to give us Odin a day early... cuz' the trip would have been better for us... much better... on that day... but Legally (at least here) the breeder has to take the dog to the vet at the 8 wks mark so you can get it's health certificate to give to the buyer.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You don't have to here... you just cant let them go before 7 weeks... She has an appointment for the vet the day she comes home..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't think Newcastle meant that YOU manipulated the pics... but that she brightened a picture and Mia still had the saddle-tan.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you Mastray. :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Newcastle\";p=\"11120 said:
I don't think Newcastle meant that YOU manipulated the pics... but that she brightened a picture and Mia still had the saddle-tan.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you Mastray. :)
Sorry.. Misunderstood... I thought you meant i doctored the pictures.. Please accept my apology..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Newcastle\";p=\"11107":hp8pp3zh] there is a saddle pattern on the puppy which is not found in the Boxer breed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts