Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i am all for microchipping, and am about to set Reese up to get microchipped. I feel that you can never be to cautious. Now my question is i called the vet today to see about how much it would run me. They told me $72.00 8O !! that seems a bit high to me, but then again i have never had to pay for any animal to get chipped. Savannah came with a chip already in her and my previous boxers were chipped for free since i worked at the clinic. Now i know when i worked at the vet they were not that much, but that was 5 years ago or so. Does this sound high or is this the norm now.....any ideas?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I paid $40 for Roxy when she was about 6 months old! Yours seems a little too high! Im not sure how they are around you but I do believe our local shelter does them for$25 maybe you could call and ask!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Always check your humaine socitey when you need to get a procedure done

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WHOAH!! 8O

Yes, I would say that is kind of pricey. The only thing I can figure is that they will do the registration for you. I paid $25 for both of my chips. They are the Home Again brand.  I think to actually register them was another $15.00.
I would call around like RoxyGirl22 said. Your local shelter will probably do it a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had planned on calling around, since i work 10 hr days though i have to do it during lunches/breaks! i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt being cheap-i want to protect my baby as much as i can, but it sounded so exspensive to me. If that was the norm then i would pay it, but since i know it isnt I will check the shelters first then move on to other local vets.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG!! i called all my local clinics, and the prices range from $45-$98!! the local shelters and the humane society dont answer the phones-you have to leave a message so now i have to wait for a call back from them. My last place is Banfield (part of Petsmart) offer on Tues&Thurs between certain times the microchip for 30. I will have to take some time off and jump on this offer!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the site- i looked it up and all the ones that are listed are the ones i called!! :) i think i will see what the local shelters say, and if i dont hear back by tomorrow then Reese will go to banfield. I dont like the fact that she isnt chipped yet. Call me paranoid, but i would rather be safe than sorry!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I wouldn't call you paranoid at all after what you went through with Chloe. I'm glad Banfield offers it cheaper. I didn't even think of them...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
On that website I posted, at the bottom left corner of their page it says "Special Offer" I don't know if you noticed it or not. It's a $2.00 coupon for the activation fee I think. It's $2.00 but... it helps... I plan on using it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow,
So many great looking boxers on these pages.
Today is 9-10-07 and I just looked at the news page at AOL, the subject of chipping our pets is there. The story states that chips may be unsafe, causing tumors.  They are saying that studies with larger animals than lab rats need to be done before we continue to chip humans. As the previous owner of three microchipped dogs that all had malignant tumors and subsequently died, I'll bet the statistical data on tumors in dogs is already there at our veterinarians' offices and only needs to be gathered and studied

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Just had Ringer done today and it was $50 with registration done for me.  Local shelters would have done it for cheaper but in order to use them, I had to prove I was below the poverty line.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Haha! Eimear! You sound just like my Mother!
Her neighbours moved down from London, bought a nice house. They have about 6 kids and now a couple of Grandchildren (fatherless) living all in the same house. All on the social. The Dad can't work due to a physical injury that doesn't stop him doing peoples gardens for cash. The mother had a nose job on SS because it was bothering her breathing  :roll: - in actual fact it was just not very attractive. This summer they bought a new caravan. After looking on internet she found out it cost about

1 - 20 of 20 Posts