Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are still waiting for further official results...it'll be a couple of days before we get the blood test results back on this one...but, the vet is thinking maybe he has a thyroid imbalance...apparently that can cause epileptic seizures AND copious hair loss! (that fits!)

So, there ya go...we are hoping that they are right, because that would be something we can take care of with meds...

Thanks again for all of the support, everybody! :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
phewwwwwwwwwww crossing our paws.. :D

saiyng a little prayer for our Micster :wink:

xoxoxoxo from Isis & Onyx

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Wow....that is a good call because they are right low thyroid can cause seizures....That is a great thing to have checked out....Let us know!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A thyroid imbalance could most definitely be the cause of seizures.  I wish that the seizures were just a fluke thing and his thyroid was fine, but on the other hand I think the thyroid meds would take care of it, and it would be great to know what is wrong and take care of things right away.
I had Buster on Phenobarb for seizures and trying to get the right dose that worked for him was a nightmare and took months. Plus all the side effects from the pheno was horrible. I'm praying you get to the bottom of this quick and can move on. I know how scary seizures can be.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Kinda like a good news, bad news thing....Hoping that you do get a solid answer and that you all can get past this..Heck, you got a new puppy on the way!!! Mic has to be in top form for his new baby sister.... :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm hoping that it is something that is treatable with medication. Fingers and paws are crossed in my house for you. Thanks for keeping us posted. Our babies do worry us don't they.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I didn't think I say, hope it is a thyroid problem to someone, but I'm sure that the thyroid meds are a lot easier on him than the seizure meds are as Willow said.  I just hope you get a definitive answer and that the Micster gets back to his old self right away.  Keeping fingers and paws crossed that everything turns out okay and you don't have to wonder and worry any longer.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Not good news but better news, at least you will know what is going on and it can be controlled on meds.  Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it and at least truly know what's causing the seizures/hair-loss.  Definitely better to know what you're dealing with.  Hope Mic is back to his normal self soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts