Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I am new to this forum and am looking to get my first boxer some time this spring.

I am looking for a reputable midwest breeder located somewhere in MN, IA, IL, WI or IN preferably (I am in MN). I have done a lot of searching over the internet and have found some nice people but most of them have puppies ready right now and I am really looking to get a puppy in March or April. I also would be open to an older dog but our rescue (MN) has very few dogs right now and none that can go in to cat homes.

I did find a nice breeder in Utah but with shipping the cost would probably be more then I could afford. Plus I would really like to meet the breeder and see the kennel before I buy the puppy. My boyfriend is also worried about shipping a puppy although I have heard it is normally fine.

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good for you in starting your search early! This is the best way to get to know your future breeder and it really makes you feel like you're a part of  your puppy-to-be come into this world. :)

Be very careful in the midwest, as I'm sure you know that puppy mills are rampant and irresponsible breeders are everywhere.

If you haven't already, I'd look into your local boxer club. You can find Midwest Boxer Club's contact information on their website here: http://midwestbxrclub.tripod.com/

Also, if you really like the breeder in Utah, I think I'd give him/her a call to chat over the phone. While I know that it's above some people's comfort level to have a puppy shipped to them, I can say from experience in having a puppy shipped from a friend (her breeder) in Alaska that it really was a breeze and it didn't really cost all that much more (about $250 a year and a half ago). There's also always the possibility that your breeder may be able to meet you half way at a show, so you never know.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Yes, I can recommend a wonderful breeder in the South Bend, Indiana area.  I recently purchased my new puppy from her driving up from North Carolina to pick her up.  I have had Boxers for 26 years now, and would have to say this is the most concientious breeder I have found yet.  Interlude Boxers is their kennel name (Jerry & Dot Bryant) and they have been breeding for many, many years.  All boxers are raised in the home, parents are well health and temperament tested and I can't say enough about these wonderful people.  Their pups are worth the wait.  And they have some upcoming litters due from their dog.

It is nice to hear that a boxer rescue is short on dogs!

Good Luck,

Nano

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hello there!  I am in Minnesota, too!  We got Beckham from a breeder in Peace, Minnesota.  VERY nice, honest people.  Obviously not a "puppy mill;" they live on a giant beautiful farm and raise Australian Shepards as well.  I can get you their contact info if you like.  Where are you in Minnesota?

Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts