Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and saw some boxer puppies lastnight. Who here has more than one boxer and is it better for your dog to have a mate? Sasha is 1 year and 4 months and me and my wife thought it would be good to get another boxer. Sasha is spoiled rotten so what does everyone thank get another one or just leave it at one spoiled boxer?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I plan to get another from rescue in the spring.

·
Registered
294 Posts
We want to get a 2nd one as well, but we're going to wait until we own a house (Aug/Sept) with a yard so they both can run and play, instead of the small townhome we're in now.  The biggest decision is to get Beckham a brother or a Posh?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I think it would be good to have two because of the companionship for each other.  I imagine you have to know what you are getting yourself into.

My plan is to adopt senior boxers through rescue.  I have one in another state that I sponsor but they wont fly him and I am to far to go get him so I just help with his bills.  But, once Fiona is over a year it is my goal to get a senior out of rescue!

·
Registered
578 Posts
We live in an apartment right now, but as soon as we get a house I would like to get another. Plus, I def want to wait until Fredo is over those expensive puppy vet bills

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i would LOVE another boxer! sumya is my first.my husband had one previously, his name was atilla  ( the hound). it was before we met, but that is why i wanted a boxer. i saw pictures of atilla and there was just something about him that i loved. if i had the room i would totally get another. we already have an african grey parrot( turkey) our boxer ( sumya) our cat ( seven) and our fish ( charlie), plus my 3 year old daughter! i do hope you are able to get another, they would have such a good time together!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Wouldn't trade my two for the world, but I'll never have two dogs again.  Yes, the do play together.  But think about 2 times the bills.  Ours travel with us and the only times they've been in kennel is if there at the vets and can't come home.  It definitely makes traveling harder.  Charlie was our first, he was the quiet cuddler that never got into anything.  Sadie was immediately a chewer, gets into everything, vocal, but she is a cuddler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just got our second one to keep our 22 month old male, Duke, company.  Having a companion has really calmed him down.  But I do have to agree with them being very different.  My puppy gets into alot more mischief than Duke did.  They have completely opposite personalities and now there's twice the amount of dirt coming into the house.  And did I mention food?  We are buying so much more dog food now.  But we would do it all over again.  Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have two and I wouldn't change that for the world.  Kane came to us as a rescue and he was very well mannered.  He was calm, house broken and liked nothing more than lying on our bed and just being with us.  When he was about 1 1/2 yrs old we got Sophie - a 6 week old puppy.  She is the love of my life, but she is anything but calm.  She is all boxer and plays and rough houses with Kane 24/7.  They play so hard every day that they get tons of exercise that they just would't get if there was only one.  I think that whenever you get a puppy you have to be prepared to devote a lot of time to their care and training.  With two dogs its twice the cost of toys, dog food, treats and vet bills (should one or both get sick), puppy shots, spaying/neutering, licensing, etc.  I admire those that bring two puppies home at the same time - God bless you!  Being that Kane was older it wasn't hard at all to have two, but having a puppy just takes a lot of work.  Good luck with your decision - you won't regret it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh definitely, get a second, providing you have the room, time, etc....Boxers really are better in pairs or three's..lol...They entertain each other, keep each other company and I just love watching 2 boxers play....That's what I miss, Samson is too old for that and Angel needs a play pal, so we will be adding a third in the spring

1 - 13 of 13 Posts