Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'm kinda at a loss for how much to charge for the pups when they aren't paper, but want yo ensure good homes. I already have spay/neuter contracts. They will be docked and dew claws removed. And first set of shots

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
I' m confused. I thought you didn't know when she was due because she was rescued from a shelter?

As for an adoption fee... It's usually enough to cover your vet bills and food costs so you aren't to much out of pocket.

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
So I'm kinda at a loss for how much to charge for the pups when they aren't paper, but want yo ensure good homes. I already have spay/neuter contracts. They will be docked and dew claws removed. And first set of shots

If you got her from your local shelter as a puppy mill rescue and you are just trying to recoup vet costs, why would you bother to do the tails and dew claws ?????

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
She looks like a real sweetie. And you're being a good daddy seeing to it that their tails and dew claws are being taken care of. Good luck with the puppies.

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
Tail docking is something that purebreds have done in Canada and the US. You have no clue who the father of the litter is, correct? It could be any breed.

Dewclaws are usually removed because they can rip and tear.

·
Registered
945 Posts
She is so precious

I think doing the tail and claws are great. Happy tail can be painful. My mom worked in a vets office during college and saw a dog with its dew claw rip to his elbow :O

·
Registered
453 Posts
i agree, you should go ahead and have the tails and dew claws taken care of. whoever gets these precious babies will appreciate it, and there will be less of a chance for later injury with the dew claws.. and some may even take the pup to have the tail docked at a later age, which is very hard on the pup..

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I ran an ad and screened adopters did home checks etc had them sign spay neuter contracts had them give me their vets info and called the vets office told them I needed info and why I also got an e-mail address and an alternate form of contact and made them sign that they would never be re homed and they could return them to me if they needed to at any time no questions asked
I also only charged enough to recover my costs which I kept track of divided by pups

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
" I ran an ad and screened adopters did home checks etc had them sign spay neuter contracts had them give me their vets info and called the vets office told them I needed info and why I also got an e-mail address and an alternate form of contact and made them sign that they would never be re homed and they could return them to me if they needed to at any time no questions asked
I also only charged enough to recover my costs which I kept track of divided by pups"

That is exactly what I did Lol. ;)

1 - 20 of 180 Posts