Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking how many people on this forum are or were in the military - there seems to be way more than you'd expect.  Could it be that Boxers are inherently attractive to military personnel???!!!  :D

Seriously, though, is it just me or are there lots of military people on here?  I'm a civvy but Emmet is in the army.  Here's some pics of his last tour in Kosovo...

On the range...

Day trippin' with the US troops...

On parade

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Air Force Veteran, now married to a Air Force TSgt.  I had Boxerx growing up (I'm a military brat) and while on active duty.  So maybe Eimear's theory holds lots of water.  LOL!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I have a Brother-in-law who is active Air Force, and then uncles who are retired Navy and Marine-none of them own a boxer though. My boyfriend though is currently considering the air force and got me reese

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been in the Navy for the past 6 years, and I am currently working for the Office of Naval Intelligence.  I just got my little pup Ferris last week.  It aint easy takin care of the little guy, but if I can put up with all the crap that comes along with being in the Navy, I can put up with anything!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My youngest son just joined the Navy 2 weeks ago.. he won't be shipped out until Dec. as he is on delayed enlistment. My hubby of 33 years is x-Navy and my nephew is going back to Iraq soon for the 2nd time....we have the 3 boxers and they make life just abit easier:)

Big Boxer Slurps,
Ann Redmon
Douglasville, Georgia

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a few more from KFOR:

Bit blurry, but notice the pics of Tink in the background!

Big poser

With US & Swedish troops on the Black Hawk trip

And lastly, Emmet & Chris were invited to entertain the troops in the Swedish PX.  That's Emmet with the bodhran (traditional Irish drum).

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Those last pics were great Eimear, Yup I could see the pics of Tink in the background in that first one....And where is my head? Lol...My father was retired Air Force, 28 yrs, first husband Marine Corps and Marq Covert Ops....Hmmm, yup I see a pattern here, military loves boxers!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
My husband, brother and cousin were all Army, other cousin was coast guard.  My step-father retired from the miltary.  Looks like there are alot of miltary people here with boxers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
army wife here. my husband has been active duty for 11 yrs now. been deployed to many places, including baghdad iraq, kosovo, and some other countries i cant think of right now. soon to be deployed again.  we are stationed in texas at the present moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts