Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Sadie out to pee at lunch.  When she came back she actually put her butt on my shoe.  When she moved there was something that looked milky maybe with a light green tint.  She's 6 months now and I'm wondering if maybe she might have a urinary infection.  Also wondering if that might mean her cycle won't be long.  She's scheduled to be fixed next Friday.  Any ideas?  If I notice it again, I'm gonna make an appointment with the vets.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sounds like puppy vaginits..but I would take her to the vet to rule out any infection..Chloe had that a lot as a puppy and nothing stopped it until we got her fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
betty had this a lot when she was a puppy and the vet said it was fine.  as they grow up they learn to take better care of their vajayjay, if you will.  keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse or looks irritated, i'd maybe call the vet - but betty really had this practically every day, but she's growing up and cleaning her bits quite nicely now ;)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Same with Vega. They gave her anitbitotics for it but it cleared for a week and came back. HE said there was no alarm. SOmething about as they get older it is able to drain more efficiently and as ambeto said, they take more time to wipe ;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna keep an eye on it.  It's kinda hard to notice though.  She's a white girl and I'll be danged if some dark brown/black spots are all over and it can make it hard to tell.  For all I know she could of had something like this for quite some time.  Oh well, if it persists I'll ask the vet.  Hopefully gettin her fixed might correct this, and (cross my fingers) calm her down abit!

·
Registered
39 Posts
ha! calm her down a bit you say??? :lol:

i kid, but im telling you - when betty got fixed, i was like RELIEF!!! Finally she'll be mellow for at least a week and i can have a break!  Try a day.  The day betty got out of surgery she was pooped.  The next day, she was rarin' to go.  Then we had to try to keep a crazy boxer puppy who wasn't going for walks so was even more crazy - calm.  that was fun. :) it all gets better though!!  good luck with the surgery!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
roflmao! getting Chloe fixed did get rid of her puppy vaginitis..but calm her down? no way lol. Good luck  :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
When Tink was fixed, she didn't even want to lay down!! The second we got home from the vets, she was trying to go romp around with the other dogs. Shes always been like that though lol. Anyways, hopefully things get better

G

·
0 Posts
that's how Nermal the cat was...she wouldn't stay in the carrier, she was pacing in the cage they had her in at the clinic...and she nearly died having to stay put for a week

1 - 10 of 10 Posts