Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has any experience with Mirak Boxers? they are located in Good year AZ
I am about to buy a young adult and I received a *contract* I dont seem to understand fully, and the dog only comes with 2 days health guarantee

· Registered
10 Posts
Can you post a copy of the contract? On second thought, with a 2 day health guarantee, I would stay far away, far far away.

· Registered
4,374 Posts
Their site looks ok to me, it appears they do health testing on their breeding stock but I would want to see. Not sure how their contract reads as they don't list a copy of it. Pictures of dogs look nice. I'm not sure about a 2 day health guarantee, that is usually what some breeders give you as they want you to take the pup to your vet to ensure it is free of parasites, virus' or infections. Kind of a safety for them for people who buy a dog, don't want it and say it came to them full of worms or with parvo etc. I would be more concerned on their overall health guarantee, genetic conditions . Maybe one of the breeders on here can chime in on their thoughts.

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
If you are purchasing an adult dog at a reduced pet price then there isn't going to be a health guarantee. Has the dog been spayed/neutered? Is it already up to date on vaccines? How old is this adult dog? I'm assuming the two day guarantee is so that you can have your vet fully check over the dogs within 48hrs and return it if not happy.

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
Most adult dogs that are sold were previous breeding prospects. So they already have their health testing done. If this is an older puppy that was returned (under the age of 18months) and they have decided to place it in a pet home and you are paying a decent price than I would expect at least a 1 year health guarantee.

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
If she is health tested, did you ask why she is being placed as a pet? I have two dogs from Kellaney....one a daughter of the dam of this female (so 1/2 siblings) My girl failed her heart holter which indicates cardiomyopathy. I see on the website that she was only checked for a murmur through a cardiologist. Where is the heart holter and echo....

I find it all very strange and would walk away unless you can find reasonable answers to the about questions.

· Registered
5,883 Posts
Oh a Breeder rehome ... yeah that is a bit different! Kaco ... the Dam: Charmed Rune of Kellaney, looks like one of your girls ... gotta say I luv that look!

OP if your looking for an older dog the one you found looks like a good choice, if your looking for a puppy?? Lots more work to be put in "potty training and such" no right or wrong but you need to be clear on "that choice." :)

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the problem is he was being sold at 2500 dollars and when I told them I wasn't looking to spend more than 2k right now they offer him at 1800 but they want to be co owners on the ACK restriction and be able to breed him with their females with no kick back to me at all.
Also when I complained about the 2 day health guaranty, he said that puppies are being offered with 1 year, but it would make me feel better he would give me back 50% if the dog gets sick within the first year.
I just don't like the whole arrangement at all
I ll just walk away

I can msg the contract to anyone that might wanna look at it, it just doesn't seem right.

I love the dog, he looks amazing, he is trained but the contract details aren't doing it for me

· Registered
1,579 Posts

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
That's not what a health guarantee is for. A health guarantee helps protect you from genetic defects within the first 1-2 years as there is no way to test for these issues in an 8 week old pup. The puppy above has already gone through health testing which I just want to say is very expensive. So, there is technically no reason to offer a health guarantee.

The breeder is selling the dog at a significantly reduced price but would like to keep him on a co-own to use in the future. Again, you don't get compensated for that.

This dog was imported from Hungary. The cost and shipping alone on that puppy was thousands of dollars. He has trained him, housed, vetted and fed him for almost 2 yrs. so add in a couple more thousand. Then the breeder has done health testing which is a couple grand. I'm betting that breeder has close to $8,000 invested in that future stud prospect, so $2500 pet price is a steal on a co-own agreement.

No breeder offers a guarantee against your puppy getting a virus/ infection or injured. That is your responsibility as a pet owner.

· Registered
5,883 Posts
Aww the details so really is I see it, it's not about the "Dog" it's about the deal?? Most likely the OP is simply a "Pet Person" and not really looking to get caught up in serious "Doggy" contracts and stuff.

Sharing a dog would be a rather "alien" concept for a lot of us?? But apparently not uncommon. Interesting stuff.

I'm kinda "intrigued" by the Dam's with the cute snubby faces! Although with the heat out here ... my girls longer muzzle appeared to be an asset. :)

· Registered
5,883 Posts
Is you like my face Mr. Chip?
LOL inasmuch as I started to giggle as soon as I saw her ... I cannot lie, she's a cutie!

It's kinda like cuteness on steroids! So is she a full Euro or American/Euro??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts