Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's not what a health guarantee is for. A health guarantee helps protect you from genetic defects within the first 1-2 years as there is no way to test for these issues in an 8 week old pup. The puppy above has already gone through health testing which I just want to say is very expensive. So, there is technically no reason to offer a health guarantee.

The breeder is selling the dog at a significantly reduced price but would like to keep him on a co-own to use in the future. Again, you don't get compensated for that.

This dog was imported from Hungary. The cost and shipping alone on that puppy was thousands of dollars. He has trained him, housed, vetted and fed him for almost 2 yrs. so add in a couple more thousand. Then the breeder has done health testing which is a couple grand. I'm betting that breeder has close to $8,000 invested in that future stud prospect, so $2500 pet price is a steal on a co-own agreement.

No breeder offers a guarantee against your puppy getting a virus/ infection or injured. That is your responsibility as a pet owner.

the dog was imported as a puppy from Serbia, he was offered at 2500 with full ownership rights, or 1800 with the option to let the breeder use him for future breeding, all i was saying 700 dollar difference isn't justifying to let someone breed your dog without being compensated, also he wants to be co owner in the akc registration and only 2 days health guarantee, I love the dog, the looks, the bloodline, and he is already trained and only 22 months old.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What a beautiful guy!! Are you getting a good buy on him? Are you willing to take him to your vet for a check before accepting him?
he is 22 months old fully trained, a looker as you can see :) I am working out the details with the breeder right now, we are not sure we are going to go with him because of the co owning situation. we ll see how it goes.

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
the dog was imported as a puppy from Serbia, he was offered at 2500 with full ownership rights, or 1800 with the option to let the breeder use him for future breeding, all i was saying 700 dollar difference isn't justifying to let someone breed your dog without being compensated, also he wants to be co owner in the akc registration and only 2 days health guarantee, I love the dog, the looks, the bloodline, and he is already trained and only 22 months old.
The papers are Serbian but the actual kennel and passport is Hungary :cheers: I have 2 dogs from Kellaney.

I am just saying as a breeder who retains breeding rights on several males, I do not compensate the owners when I use them as studs. You get this wonderfully bred, health tested animal who is trained and I own those testicles.

· Registered
5,884 Posts
The papers are Serbian but the actual kennel and passport is Hungary :cheers: I have 2 dogs from Kellaney.

I am just saying as a breeder who retains breeding rights on several males, I do not compensate the owners when I use them as studs. You get this wonderfully bred, health tested animal who is trained and I own those testicles.
Well ... that is certainly "crystal clear and to the point!" :)

· Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm not sure why the 2-day thing is tripping you up. That gives you time to get the dog looked at by your vet. He's already been fully health tested: Heart Score: 0/6 (cardiologist), DM: CLEAR/Normal, Hips: OFA Excellent.

· Registered
4,375 Posts
I understand, while I think he is a great dog and most anyone would be excited to own him, it can get complicated co-owning. Probably not something I would want to do either. But then I'm not good at sharing my dogs with anyone, LOL

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I understand, while I think he is a great dog and most anyone would be excited to own him, it can get complicated co-owning. Probably not something I would want to do either. But then I'm not good at sharing my dogs with anyone, LOL
thats how I feel about it, I go to work and I can't wait to get back to take my boys and girls out to the park run and have with them, rather have my dog in elsewhere for a week at a time..

in any case, I am looking for a local breeder in the tucson az phoenix to get my next puppy, and I hope I won't have to buy him without his *testicles*.

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Have you ever thought of a boxer rescue? many have younger dogs in need of a home. If your looking for a good breeder the wait for a puppy could be long. Sorry I have no advice on breeders in your area.

· Administrator
7,237 Posts
$2500 is cheap. It's no where near what this breeder has paid for this puppy when he imported him at 9 weeks old. It doesn't compensate him for the money he has put into health testing or raising/feeding/vetting.

I bought a 2 yr old health tested boy for 4 X that amount!

· Registered
4,375 Posts
$2500 is cheap. It's no where near what this breeder has paid for this puppy when he imported him at 9 weeks old. It doesn't compensate him for the money he has put into health testing or raising/feeding/vetting.

I bought a 2 yr old health tested boy for 4 X that amount!
I understand that, breeder probably has a lot more $ invested. I think the difference is just being a JQ Public pet owner , who wants a health tested well balanced pup from a reputable person as compared to someone who is into show quality, well balanced heath tested pup who comes close to being an excellent representative of the breed. When I was younger I would have jumped on the chance to have a dog like the one he turned down, but today not so much I just want a dog to be my forever companion albeit I still like to know what I am purchasing and that it will be healthy.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
thats how I feel about it, I go to work and I can't wait to get back to take my boys and girls out to the park run and have with them, rather have my dog in elsewhere for a week at a time..

in any case, I am looking for a local breeder in the tucson az phoenix to get my next puppy, and I hope I won't have to buy him without his *testicles*.
I'm curious, are you wanting your new pup for breeding?

· Registered
1 Posts
Their site looks ok to me, it appears they do health testing on their breeding stock but I would want to see. Not sure how their contract reads as they don't list a copy of it. Pictures of dogs look nice. I'm not sure about a 2 day health guarantee, that is usually what some breeders give you as they want you to take the pup to your vet to ensure it is free of parasites, virus' or infections. Kind of a safety for them for people who buy a dog, don't want it and say it came to them full of worms or with parvo etc. I would be more concerned on their overall health guarantee, genetic conditions . Maybe one of the breeders on here can chime in on their thoughts.
Anyone has any experience with Mirak Boxers? they are located in Good year AZ
I am about to buy a young adult and I received a contract I dont seem to understand fully, and the dog only comes with 2 days health guarantee
Anyone has any experience with Mirak Boxers? they are located in Good year AZ
I am about to buy a young adult and I received a contract I dont seem to understand fully, and the dog only comes with 2 days health guarantee
We bought a puppy almost 2 years ago. She is the best bred dog. We recommend Mirak and had Jowar do additional training with our dog which really made a difference.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts