Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time i have had to leave Maverick alone since we got him. I am home visiting my family and had to leave him home with his dad...man i miss everything about him even his smell!? is that weird? thank god it is only till sunday

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It is perfectly normal! When I leave I would talk to mine on the phone as well. kinda crazy, but they seem to like it

G

·
0 Posts
Mike took me to a bed and breakfast for my birthday (the weekend after) Which was like Jan. 5th...we went overnight without my  babies..I didn't let him know...but I missed them almost the whole time, lol!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have had to be away from Kiah overnight only once since I got her and it was so hard.  I must have called my sister 15 times to check on her.  My sister finally told me to stop calling she was fine  :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
He's your family, of course you'll miss him! Perfectly normal. I don't even want to go away sometimes, but I get over it quick! I leave Maddie at home and my mom stays with her, so she survives without me.  :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
I get to the point I was taking them all with me in my van everywhere I went... Got kinda cramped at sometime with more people but they like it... NOt suggesting you tote the dog around everywhere. But I erealized they can sand to be alone for awhile and so could I.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called him last night willow and spoke to him on the phone...his dad said he freaked out wiggling and kept going to the door thinking i was on my way home from school or something lol.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I freaked out my first night of my honeymoon because they both were home with out us!!  Its tough, as much as you really want a no-dog night sometimes, I really really miss the buggers!!!

Hope you get your Maverick kisses soon!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Donya, yea any time I am away I do that...When I had to fly back from Ireland, my parents were laughing at me baby talking to Buck & Tia...Non Dog People just don't get it, huh? Glad Mav was soo excited to hear your voice, it's funny to watch their expressions, got to love em....

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think I have more SA issues then the dog when I have to be away from her....I can't stand being apart from her :lol:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well he tore up some toys and got the runs which he has never REALLY had before...just loose stool for a while...cant figure out what he ate out of the ordinary but i suspect (as does travis) that it was cat litter...grrr he is eating and drinking now tho but ive been so worried all day about him. Back home tomorrow thank goodness so i can take care of him...

I was explaining to my neighbours how he isnt getting his friday dinner time sardines or morning organic yogurt or half hour ear massage or rub down and they thought i was mental for doing those things for a dog lol. My mom told them about canidae ($60 a bag here) and the gourmet cookies i buy him and his weekly toy and now they all thing im a mental case lol.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Donya\";p=\"72545 said:
I was explaining to my neighbours how he isnt getting his friday dinner time sardines or morning organic yogurt or half hour ear massage or rub down and they thought i was mental for doing those things for a dog lol. My mom told them about canidae ($60 a bag here) and the gourmet cookies i buy him and his weekly toy and now they all thing im a mental case lol.
Oh no doubt they thought you were nutz Donya..I get that a lot from "non dog" people and even those that have dogs..I'm sorry, those are my babies and I will do everything I can to make their lives better, If that includes long distance phone calls to talk to them, special food, you name it, I'm gonna do it  :) At least we all "get it"  :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts