Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[align=center]Its been over a year since i have been able to hold you and touch you!
I will never forget that face of yours!
I remember that day when i went to your breeders house and seen you, i knew i was to pick you!
Its like it was just yesterday you were flying on the plane with me from Oregon to North Carolina to start a new life!
I remember how you were almost to big for your carrying bag that i had to un-zip it just a little bit so your butt could stick out!
I even tried to take you out on the plane but got yelled at!
I remember how my mom was mad at me for not even asking if i could bring you home, But i didn't care cause i was in love with you! I remember how she fell in love with you within that first week and became so over protective of you.
You immediately bonded with my family. You were like another child to us!
I remember how you loved loved you butt scratched, that spot right above your tail made you in heaven!
For the 2 years you were with us it was amazing!
You meant to much to us! You also bonded with my son who was born right before you passed away.
Rhylan loved you and loved when you gave him kisses.
I'll never forget that day i was working and my mother kept calling me but i wasn't allowed to answer.
Finally i answered....The words that came out of my mothers mouth will forever haunt me, she said "Des i need you to come home Memphis is dead"
i immediately screamed and ran outside. I couldn't believe what i just herd! It was like it was a bad dream as i tried to bring my self back to the perfect world!
I remember sitting in the parking lot screaming and crying. My uncle pulled up and i left. I didn't even tell my work i was leaving. Work was important to me at the moment.
I remember sitting in truck crying my eyes out. This couldn't be true this couldn't be happing to me.
When i got to my moms house everyone was outside crying.
I had to ask what happened. My mom told me that she put him in his outside kennel while she ran around the block to the store and grab something to eat. Supposedly while she was gone Memphis jumped his 6ft kennel (this wasn't the first time) and was running around the neighborhood. The next door neighbor noticed and but him on his chain in the front yard thinking nothing. My mom came home to find him laying in the yard not breathing.
To me i didn't understand it. It just didn't make since.
Evidently it was a hot day and he ran so much that he was just exhausted and hot.
Mean while, while i am at my moms sitting outside crying i ask to see where he is. My dad had put him in the back of his truck and covered him with a blanket.
I was too scared/sad/frightened to even look at him.
I just couldn't believe that he was fine one hour and dead the next!
It felt like my whole world had fallen. I was too upset i just couldn't face that fact he was gone.
Well it was a Sunday so nothing was opened. We had no clue what to do. We called around several place to see what to do. We finally found a emergency vet open.
Our next decision was to decide if we want to just take him to that vet and they do whatever with him, have him buried or cremated. I was soo worked up that i was so clueless and just wanted to be punched in the face to wake from this.
I also knew that i needed to look at Memphis before i let him go, but i felt that i didn't want to see him and let that sad memory be the last picture of him i seen.
I remembering finally getting up enough courage to go seen him lay so desperately in the back of that truck. I remember having my husband come along with me.
As i approached the truck i member going so slow like a robot. Tears came pouring out, i could have probably filled a 20 gallon bucket. He laid there soo sad and so stiffed. I screamed, cried, and fell on my husband shoulders i just couldn't believe it!
We took him to the vet, i remembering not wanting to watch those ladies come out and lay him on that cold silver stretcher. So me and my mom stayed in the car and sat around the block so we didn't have to see it.
After they brought him in it was clear for us to enter the vet. They set him up in the room and told us we had a chance to sit in there with him if we wanted to.
I knew i wanted to so i could say my last goodbyes. But i knew it was going to be a challenge to be talking to him and getting no response!
I remember me and my sister and husband going into the room and just crying i remember holding him and just telling him how much i loved him. We sat for a good while and then said our goodbyes & let them know we wanted to have him cremated.
As we left it was like i left my heart at that place. It felt like someone pulled my heart out and stomped on it till it was in pieces.
I'll never ever forget that horrible day.
I called that next morning to ask if they would so an autopsy on him to determine the lady at the vet told me that he was to frozen to do anything. It upset me and still does to this day that she told me there was nothing she could do. So they determined he had a heart attack.
To use we will never know. Thats one thing that lays hard on my heart is not truly knowing what he died of. For whatever purpose it was it should have never happened.
I miss you Memphis, i have you sitting in a beautiful boxer next to my computer. You are always with me no matter what. No one will ever replace you boy-boy!
We truly miss you everyday!
You will never be forgotten!
We'll meet once again!
[/align]

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
That was a very moving piece. Im sorry you lost memphis, he was a beautiful boxer. He will be waiting for you though im sure and it sounds like you had a wonderful time together however short it was. RIP memphis

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Wow, im so sorry for your loss :cry:

I cant imagine being parted from the love of my life Zulu, the mear thought of it or going through what you went through brings me to tears. :(

Im glad you had each other though and im sure he is waiting at the bridge for you :)

RIP Memphis, run free at the bridge :cry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh how sweet and very moving. Rest in peace Memphis, know that mommy still loves you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for you loss, Run free sweet boy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As I wipe the tears away, I am totally moved at that tribute...How heartbreaking that you lost Memphis so soon...I am sure he is smiling down on all of you at your new additions, knowing that you still have love to give to more Boxer babies....

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That was a very beautiful tribute to Memphis - brought me to tears. I can only imagine how heartbreaking that must of been for you and your family. I think he's watching over your two new babies to help keep them safe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man! I am sitting at my desk crying over your story :(

What a moving story.  I know Memphis is up there watching over you guys and keeping all your babies safe!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sorry for your loss!  I dread the day when either of mine are gone.  I've never had to deal with the passing of a pet before.  Over the years, my "tough guy" image is disappearing.  I cried like a baby when Charlie was ill, so I'm sure I'll be a wreck when that day comes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am in tears also. I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost a dog just before Christmas and it's still really hard on me. I miss her so much. They are never forgotten.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh how sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. You've written a very loving tribute.
It really does take time to recover and to be able to open your heart again to another. Your son is so sweet with the two new puppies. Obviously the pain isn't gone but has subsided enough to allow you to take on the new little guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts