Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied to be a foster mom at the Mid Michigan boxer rescue on Saturday, and they called my reference today (fast!!)

My question mainly is, can someone clue me in on the steps required to be a foster? I haven't heard from them yet, and just wanted to be a bit more prepared.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Congrats to you for volunteering...I have no idea what is needed to become a foster, but I would imagine a home visit would be part of the process. To see your house, how you interact with your dog, fenced yard, etc...I can ask a couple people I know that have fostered and see what they say..Good luck, I hope it works out for you... :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they asked my reference about my daughter, actually they said son, but they wanted to know how she interacted with our dogs.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Kudos to you! I would love to do something like that... though I don't think I'd qualify... a two year old, baby on the way, 2 (3 soon) dogs and 7 ferrets... I'd already have my hands full... but I do donate at least... it helps but I'd love to be MORE hands on.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am volunteering at the same rescue! I am going to be processing applications!

I know that when we were looking to adopt they sent someone over to see the house, the other animals, the yard, that kind of stuff. Just looking to see if it's going to be a good environment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts