Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you wanted to see Donners outfit with the boots, he personally would like to bury the boots in a deep, deep hole

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, then looks at me like "Come ON, this is so not fair" Dad says I'm gonna give him a complex :rofl: Wouldn't make him do it but we've been having issues with ice cutting his feet, so.... it's boots on!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG he looks adorable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol @ the high step hahahhaa I LUV HIS OUTFIT !!! ITS LIKE LL BEAN FOR DOGS HEHE

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Donner doesn't look happy.  I know we've had to put neosporin on Charlie's feet a couple of times and I'll put a sock on and tape it, I die laughing cause he'll walk around, raise that leg and shake it a bit, and just look at the sock!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
OH .... MY..... GOD!!!

If i was him i'd be PISSED!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had to guess I'd say more embarrassed then PO'd :D Seriously, I've looked at this stuff for sled dogs called Mushers ointment, anybody tried it????? I can remember my Dad telling about painting warm pine tar on his hunting dogs feet back in the '40's, obviously in hindsight not a good choice but is there something protective other than booties??? Donner doesn't wear them for short trips out to potty, etc and when he walks in town we're careful to wash the salt off his feet so they don't crack, but I worry when he has open cuts  on his feet because of the possibility of infection.I do use Neosporin on the cuts but would like to keep it from happening. Any thoughts????

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="DonnersMom\";p=\"60459":1ppase2j]If I had to guess I'd say more embarrassed then PO'd :D Seriously, I've looked at this stuff for sled dogs called Mushers ointment, anybody tried it????? I can remember my Dad telling about painting warm pine tar on his hunting dogs feet back in the '40's, obviously in hindsight not a good choice but is there something protective other than booties??? Donner doesn't wear them for short trips out to potty, etc and when he walks in town we're careful to wash the salt off his feet so they don't crack, but I worry when he has open cuts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hahahahaha...

Well, we can pretend that Donner made himself a coat like the American Indians back in the day.  But the booties mom??? really???  LOL

He doesn't want to be the pocahontas dog! (only playing!)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh I love the coat! Where did you find that coat? It looks so warm! haha he must love the booties  :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Poor Donner, he would be really pissed if he knew that you showed that pic all over the internet.....You can tell just by the way he looks and stands that is not liking them boots at all.....We don't have that issue here, so I'm no help on something else you could possibly use on his feet

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL at Pocahontas, that's it, if Dad reads this post the boots are outta here :lol:
The coat came from our local CountryMax, actually pretty reasonable price $15.99 and it IS warm (makes Mom feel better anyway :lol: )

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Those look like the booties we got Sadie!  :lol: The treads just aren't gonna tough it on the ice....

Now that is a cute jacket! Donner is being SUCH a good boy for keeping on all 4 of his booties! Does he go for walks in them? They look so adorable btw...

Garrick you just wish u had colder weather so you could buy some booties for Koa  :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts