Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our girl went to go get fixed last Wed and we happend to have some spare time on our hands. We ended up having an unexpected dognancy and brought home Bowden. He is 11 wks old and already weighs 17 lbs. The hard part about all of it is that Gabi can't do too much running around due to her sugery. So we try to split time between the two but they are raring to go at it with each other (in a good way).  I do have one question which might seem silly. We crate our dogs during the day (and give many walks). should we keep them right next to each other in the same room? Right now we have them in separate rooms to give our girl some rest and not make her jealous of the pup. I have updated pics of him in the photo gallery. I encorage you guys to check him out. I think he's going to be a large one. Gabi is 11 months old and weights 50 lbs.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Awww...how cute is he?!?!?! Tyson is 13 weeks and 19lbs, but to me, he doesn't seem that big.  I don't have 2 dogs, so I can't really respond on keeping them together or seperate.  My friend has 2 boxer puppies and she keeps them in seperate crates in the same room.  She has had no problems.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we keep Reese and Savannah in two seperate kennels, but they are in the same room. We dont really have any issues. The only thing we had was some form of seperation anxiety since they used to be kenneled together.. they are over that now though.....i think :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have 2 dogs (1 Boxer & 1 Cairn Terrier) that we keep in separate kennels but the same room. It has actually helped ours being in the same room!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He's adorable and  congrats!!! I'd crate them in the same room, it actually might help Bowden to acclimate..Also a hot water bottle works well and a ticking clock.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you all for your advice! I can't wait for Gabi to heal. The little guy ate one of her alergy pills last night that was in her food bowl. We weren't sure if he ate one or both so we called our vet and they advised me to give him 4 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and sure enough that made him toss his cookies (and everything else we discoved he's been munching on). That was good advice as I was really worried about him. Does anyone else have any good general home remedies when our babies get into something or if they are sick?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I posted a sticky in the puppy section about what to have on hand when you bring your new one home..It has a lot of home remedies and dosages

1 - 8 of 8 Posts