Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
As I am preparing for my new puppy to come home, I am wondering about this:

When I get her home, I still have a few weeks left of school until I am out for the summer. I figured this was a good time to get a puppy as I will have months off to train and spend time with her when she learns the most.

While we overlap, and just finishing up school and welcoming Ryleigh home, during those few weeks, I was wondering would she be more happier inside the house in her crate? Or would she more happier running around outside in my dog kennel with a dog house (In good weather of course).  If she was in her crate inside, I would have to arrange someone to come let her out. School is 8:30-3:00. Monday to Friday.

Id love to know what your opinion on what is better for her, she will be about 8 weeks old. Would keeping her out all day get in the way of house training her?

Thanks in advance for everyones advice!

Kristin.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I would wait till she is at least a couple of months old to leave her outside for any extended period of time....

·
Registered
397 Posts
DITTO.
Pups need to be supervised ALL the time and boxers (esp boxer pups) are INDOOR dogs!
Much much safer in a crate if you cannot watch them like a hawk. Outside they can eat something they should not.

I would not keep them outdoor in kennel as a young pup- no way!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
For a number of reasons I would crate her...First and foremost, there is the possibility of theft. Second a puppy left alone can get into soo many things that could really harm her....I would rather be safe and crate and if you have to , have someone come by and let her out for a bit, play with her etc, just for those few weeks..

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I am with willow...my main concern would be theft. i know everyone thinks it wont happen but an 8week old boxer pup is soooo cute and someone may think to take her esp a female can mean breeding and $. sorry if this is not coming out clear but yea hopping a fence and stealing a puppy is not hard to do im sure.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree, there was a post on here about the increase in thefts.  Even when she is older I would be concerned about leaving her unattended for any length of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts