Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been a week since Lexi ate the Advil. She seems completely fine other than since we switched her back to kibble from a bland diet (chicken, rice and yogurt) she can not keep it down. Up until a little while ago I thought she was vomiting.( I took her to the vet tonight and they gave her an anti nausea shot.) but after doing some research I think she's actually just regurgitating her food. She has always, since the day we got her not really chewed her food. She loves food so much she just swallows it. Nothing has changed with her kibble, it's the same food we were feeding her since before the Advil. The vet recommended we put her back on chicken and rice since she can keep that down. If she is just eating to fast and all of a sudden can't handle it, how do we stop her from doing this? I used to have a bowl that had a ball in the middle to slow her down but it didn't really work for her. She found a way to get around it. This has never really been a problem for her until now. She gets so sad after it come back up. It's heartbreaking.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
If I give max his kibble dry he inhales some then coughs it up. Cookie sheets work to slow him down but I found that if I moisten it he has no issues. I use warm water (I add coconut oil to it) and mix it in. He hasn't had any issues with it and eats quite a bit slower with it wet.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
She could have a bad case of gastritis from the Advil. I would give her some Pepcid AC and then maybe she won't regurgitate. Her tummy is probably really irritated between the Advil and the vomiting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's been on Pepcid AC since we took her to the vet last week.. She seems to be doing well in the chicken and rice. She just ate breakfast and kept it down. So hopefully a few more days on that will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts