Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you consider yourself to be an animal rights activist?  Are you a member of PETA?  Just curious because a buddy told me that most people that actually visit dog or pet forums would fit that category.  If this offends anybody, I appologize, and the mods are welcome to delete it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lets see how do I post this with put counterdicting myself lol? I am not a member of PETA. I am not a vegitarian either. I do fight against dog fighting and BSL, Hate animal abuse and try to help when and where ever I can.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Nope. not an activist, I have my own opinions and stand up for my own beliefs.

There are some that say cropping and docking is wrong, I am for it when done the proper way.
There are some that say Raw Feeding is bad - I am for it, I believe in less vaccinations and more holistic care,

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I dont consider myself an activist.  I'm not a member of PETA either.  My sister is and sends them money every month, and she signs all sorts of pettitions...

She doesnt eat KFC anymore because of the video she saw on the PETA website about the chickens.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am not an activist either, I am against animal abuse, fighting, BSL ect. I think all animals should have a home and be loved. I am against PETA because of the research i have done on it. And i stand up for my own beliefs  as well.

** This post is not to offend anyone or anger, and my opinions on PETA are my own**

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I pretty much agree with everyone, I'm not an activist but I do hate it when people abuse animals and if I ever see someone doing it i will have no problem calling animal services.  I can't imagine hurting an animal in any way.  But I love meat, give me some steak and potatoes and I will be in heaven, sorry to any PETA people.  My aunt and uncle own a feedyard I think I would be kicked out of the family if I didn't eat meat.

G

·
0 Posts
i  would  never  be  a peta  member. . .they  have  a  good  intention. . .but  are  extreme. . .they  dont  believe  in  owning pets  at all. . . so  i  dont think  this  would  be  a peta  hotspot

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Nope, can't see deleting it. Sounds like we all pretty much agree actually...I don't like PETA at all. they are a disgrace to true animal lovers...I believe in ethical breeding to improve the breed. I do not believe in cruelty to animals for any reason and someone that is, should face much stiffer fines and penalties than what is usually given...I do believe that unless you are a responsible breeder, breeding to improve the line, your dogs or cats for that matter should be spayed or neutered..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I pretty much agree with everyone here. Not an activist, and i dont really like PETA. IMO lots of talk and extremes but to me it seems it is more for the attention then true help....just my personal opinions. I agree that i help when and where i can, i am a member of the ASPCA thing, i donate when i can and i help any/every animal i possibly can. I HATE people who abuse or neglect animals and if i could afford to i would start up my own rescue-just so that there is a place for all the "unloved/unwanted" animals could go to have a home.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i am 100% with Willow,Andrea and everyone else..

i couldnt have said it all any better..:)

:) good question though...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I suppose it depends on how "active" your definition of activist is.  I'm not a member of Peta and I don't agree with their militant stance at all.  I do eat meat and I don't think that there's anything wrong with that as long as the animals involved have been reared and slaughtered in an ethical and humane way (it is perfectly possible to slaughter humanely).

I am a  member of the ISPCA and have a monthly standing order from my bank account to them.  I oppose animal cruelty and neglect in all its forms and will take someone to task if I see cruelty being committed.  I also think that people should be a lot more aware of the type of eggs and meat they buy - if we create a demand for naturally reared, organic farming then the suppliers will give it to us.  But if all we buy is battery eggs and intensively reared commercial meat, then that's all that will be available.

I also think that live exports of livestock needs to be banned internationally NOW.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'll forward this on to my buddy.  I am definitely an animal lover.  I do not want any pet to be mistreated.  But, I also grew up southern and huntin and fishin is a way of life to me.  I will say I have alot of respect for each animal or fish and nothing is wasted.  I feel that God put them here for us, and to be honest, fish or deer meat is alot healthier than almost everything that is sold in grocery stores!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree with pretty much everything that has been said already.  :)  I'll even agree with you on the hunting and fishing thing.  :?  My dad was an avid fisherman and hunter, just deer on the hunting thing. I would give him hell every year for going hunting. How could you shoot Bambi?  :x  I would be so pissed at him when he actually brought something home!  :? Now that I'm all grown up, hunting doesn't bother me at all, unless you are just killing for the sport. That gets to me. I feel that if you are going to kill it, you need to eat it!

·
Registered
905 Posts
A few of my uncles and cousins hunt, and I had a huge problem with it for years.  Now that I'm a bit older and have gotten really into cooking and food, I no longer have a problem with people hunting or fishing if they're going to eat what they've caught.  However, I have a MASSIVE problem with "sports" such as fox hunting, ward hunting (another type of horseback hunt, for Red Deer stags) and bear hunting.  And don't even get me started on the fur trade...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yes...let's not get started on the fur thing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts