Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i have a 6 month old boxer, and i have just moved in to a new place.  At my old house he was so good in his crate,  even when i left him in there for a couple of hours alone he was great.  Now  since i have moved he wont go in the crate alone.  My girlfriend or i have to be in there with him, in order for him not to bark constantly while he is in there.  And the thing is, is that i live in a basement apartment and i can't have him barking constantly.  So i was wondering if anyone out there had any advice for me that could possibly help me out.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you everyone hope to here from you soon

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Your pup is trying to deal with the move. His whole world has been turned upside down and it will take a bit for him to settle..Have a friend who just moved recently and her 2 yr old female had a really hard time adjusting, she was having accidents in the house, acting out etc...Their schedule, routine has been upset and now they have to figure out what's going on...Give it a few days, I'm sure he will settle..For the crate, I'd give him a nice Kong filled with Peanut Butter & yogurt(freeze first), put on a radio low for him to have a bit of noise. You don't want him to associate the crate with a "bad thing" which is hard cos he doesn't understand all the changes, but try not to make an issue of it. Once he's in the crate, leave right away. Don't make a fuss over him, that makes it worse. Be patient, which I realize is hard and frustrating for you, it shouldn't last long...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts