Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been waiting a very long time to buy a boxer now and was planning on taking some time off towards the end of the year so i can take a couple weeks off to be with the pup the whole time to help it settle in and establish a good toilet routine early.

But ive just recently had a shoulder operation and even out of my sling now still have another 6 weeks off work home bound. So I was thinking this would be the perfect time for myself and my partner to get this little bundle of joy.

The only problem is our house is about a month and half away from finishing being built so wed be staying at her parents with the puppy at the start and then moving to the new house in about month to month and half later.

Theres also a small chance he may have to spend a week or so in another environment as my partners parents house lease is up at same time as construction is due to be finished on our new house but as im sure everyone knows construction completion dates are often not kept.

Basically im concerned if itll be bad for the puppy to be moving environments abit in the first few months of his time before hes settled into his long term home and environment

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm really unsure how all that will play out. I'm thinking though if you plan to crate train and can keep the crate in the same general type of room i.e. Kitchen, bath,living area and you adhere to a strict schedule it should be fine. The dog will associate his crate as his home. He will learn it doesn't matter what he sees or hears he will remain in his crate until he is quiet and released from it. Feeding playtime etc all structured. If you can do it I'm pretty confident the pup will. Of course I'm no expert but my personal opinion is the puppy learns from you what is acceptable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts