Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the vet said that there is only a 40% chance that Mic's issues are from epilepsy...given the way things went, he say's it's much more likely that we will never see it again...they gave us a very mild medication for him to take for one week...he said if we can address the "electrical impulses" now, we could stop it from happening!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Re: Just got home with our Mickers boy!!! :)

Jeanene, that is good news! 44 lbs huh? Wow they are both getting soo big.....Glad that everything went well tho..Hugs to you, I know you have been stressing this and of course hugs to both Mic & Indy....

·
Registered
933 Posts

Aaawww yeah!  So glad to hear the good news.   :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

YAY!!!! Very happy to hear that Jeanene.  woohoooo!  :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

whoooot whoooot Gooooooooooo Mick..
we luv you too Indy...xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

#:-S  What a relief!! So glad you received some good news on Mic!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

Jeanene that is great news!! I'm so glad to hear that it's probably not epilepsy. I hope the meds clear up whatever it is he may be going through.

Good boys for being well behaved at the vet!! 44lbs Mic is a growing boy thats for sure!  :wink:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Woo Hoo, so glad Mic is doing better and that you have the situation under control.  I've been really worried about him, so that's great news.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[quote="Kate\";p=\"35636":1vydpy5h]Woo Hoo, so glad Mic is doing better and that you have the situation under control.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Great news, so glad to hear it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Awesome news. Needed something to bring a smile to my face. :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

That is great news and out of being curious what med's did he have to take?  Phenobarb?

·
Registered
59 Posts

WOW.... Been out of the lop for about a week (lyme disease!! :( )  I' m glad Mic is feeling better!  I had a germ shep. puppy that had a seizure and never had another for the rest of his life.  I'm sure the cutie will be fine!!

Michele

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

YAY!!!  Great news!  So happy to hear he's doing well!  No more scaring mommy Mic!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

wow.....soooooo glad to hear the good news!!! Your babies are getting HUGE!!!! But my are they beautiful!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mickers boy, UPDATE

Not a WHOLE lot to say...we talked with the vet and they are working on what the "next step" is for Mic...in the meantime, BOTH dogs are going in for a Mitoban dip before they lose any more hair!  

On TOP of that...Indy was acting very strange yesterday...he had eaten something(thank GOD it didn't cause problems in his intestines)when he passed it, it looked like he'd gotten a hold of some unwound rope?? NOT rawhide...we only do the pressed stuff and watch very closely for big pieces) anyway, then he was eating his dinner and gagged and coughed up a bit(very small...just thought maybe he had gotten it in the wrong pipe) it did have some yellowish mucas in it...finished eating and promptly threw up the whole thing and it was FULL of very sticky yellow mucas...So, what is that???  We watched...he ate some pumpkin and kept that down just fine...today he ate fine and seemed to keep it all down with no problem...I tell ya, I am starting to feel paranoid about my babies...like I am just waiting for whatever is going to happen next?

You know, I have to confess...when we got our boys...(and I would NOT trade my babies for anything) I was "pretty sure" that my sil spoke of health testing, etc...but, I never asked to see any...because she's FAMILY for Pete's sake...I didn't want to "insult" anyone :roll: ...I will NEVER make that mistake again...just the little bit of trouble we have had has convinced me NEVER to buy from anyone who hasn't got a proven record, OBVIOUS health testing and OBVIOUS results in their line...it's just not worth the risk...I love my angels...I hate watching them be ill or frightened...when Mic is having a tremor, he looks to me to make it stop...I will stand by my babies for ANYTHING...but, I will be more careful the next time...much more careful...I just didn't know... :cry:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts