Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

We have had Jetta for nearly 5 weeks...and I was at work yesterday and I found an ad on our intranet of an 8month old fawn male that needs a new home for free.  He just needs his rabies shots...crate trained and loves his crate, 80-90% housebroken ect...and my husband has agreed to meet the pup tomorrow and we may get to keep him.  We want to see how he is with Jetta and Nermal...supposedly he is a sweet dog and gets along with everything...so we may have two boxers very soon!  His name is Bo...I'll update you guys tomorrow evening!

Mike decided he was ok with another dog when he saw how much Jetta loves to play with other dogs and he sees that the cat needs someone to take the brunt of her force...what better than a free boxer.

The owner has to get rid of him because he lives in a trailor with his wife, with 2 other dogs and his wife is now pregnant...they both work like 60 hours a week and he feels it's not fair to a pup with boundless energy to be stuck in a crate all day everyday...he has worked on sit/stay etc and walking on leash and housebreaking...I'm really excited.

He had his mom screen prospective adopters because he is afraid that someone will take Bo and then not be able to deal with the boxer energy and Bo will end up in a shelter...his mom said of all the people who have called, we are the only ones she would consider...

Hopefully it will work out!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hope you get to keep him.  I wish I could get a pal for Ferris.  I have my hands full as it is with Ferris, though he has been making progress in leaps and bounds lately.  Maybe when he gets a little older I, too, will be suffering from MBS.  Good luck to you....and Jetta.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That sounds great and kudos to them for being so careful about who takes their boy....Hoping it works well for you..Is he neutered?

·
Registered
352 Posts
awww, good luck!  i am getting the syndrom myself!  we've only had madeline 2 months but i really think we could take in another rescue...mad would loooove a playmate, too.  :)  i had no idea how addictive boxers were!  ;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Good luck!  We've got 2 right now and I wouldn't trade them for the world.  That being said, I doubt I will ever own multiple animals again.  It's harder to take trips or vacations because we don't want to kennel them.  Twice the bills.  But like I said, I wouldn't trade them.  It's just made me and the wife adjust our schedules or things we are doing to make sure our babies have time to play and be loved on.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yea for you!  I hope everything works out and you get to keep him.  I'm addicted to boxers as well.  I have 2 and still want another.  :D
Oh and don't be discouraged if Jetta doesn't like him right away.  Mo wasn't quite sure about Niko when I first brought him home but within a few days they became best friends.  She loves him now.  Good luck to you!  Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Good luck, let us know and pictures if you do bring him home.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congratulations!  As I sit been sitting here watching our two "jaw joust" for the last 30 minutes it is great that they have each other to play with.  They keep each other entertained and LOVE playing together.  There are some disadvantages to having more than one, they do get protective of "their" items sometimes and you do have more vet bills, kennel bills, etc. but for us we just worked around it.  We didn't take as many vacations, etc.  We had three at one time and probably won't go with that many again but will probably always keep two at a time!  :D

Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts