Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drove home from work last night, I noticed my neighbors springer spaniel was loose (Again!) and running the neighborhood.  He ran across the street in front of my car.  :evil:

I took my two out last night for a walk by myself.  Something I only do occasionally.  I usually have help.  This was well over an hour after I came home.  Everything went well until we were 1/2 block away from home.  That stupid dog was still running loose  :twisted:   Try controlling 130 lbs of dogs....it's not easy!  Anyway, the lady takes her time coming out the front door after I start yelling for it to "Go Home".  She grabs him by the collar and I let her have it.  I told her she needed to either leash it or keep it in their fenced in back yard.  That there are laws against unleashed dogs.  She told me I didn't know what I was talking about....that he JUST jumped the fence and got out.  I told her I knew exactly what I was talking about since I almost hit him with my car a little over an hour ago!

I'm glad it is just sore arms I am dealing with today and nothing more!

What morons!  They let him loose all the time and he does his business anywhere he wants.  They also keep him cooped up on a small deck during the day with no shade and he just barks all the time.  Last time I checked on him they were at home and wouldn't even tell him to be quiet or take him inside.   We have had the AC called on us a few times when Scout was barking at a squirrel.  I called the AC on that day and told them not to even think about coming to our house with a complaint and which house it was where the dog was barking!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Don't you love that "...you don't know what you're talking about..." phrase! That's so horrible! I hate those people that just let their dogs out to wonder around. I would have called AC out wen I almost ran over him... and EVERY time after that. Maybe they'll figure out a way to keep him from "jumping the fence" when they have to pay $40+ bucks to get him out of the pound every time.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm with ya there Mastray.. I would be calling everyday, everytime that dog gets loose...Eventually something will happen...What is it with inconsiderate people & their dogs? I live outside the city limits, so leash laws do not apply..I constantly have dogs roaming thru my yard..I was told that if they are on my property I can do as I want, so that is the attitude we have adapted now...Neither of mine roam, heck Angel is never off leash..If you own a dog, take the responsibility for it. If you can't then don't have one...

And that's all I got to say about that..Lol...I'm on a roll today guys... :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good for you, mom2scout&gunner, for letting her have it!  I would have, too. And it's funny you mentioned this; we have a Yorkshire Terrier who I have recently noticed doing the exact same thing!  Even ran in front of my car!  I'm trying to figure out who the owner is.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dont you just love your neighbors!!!! I hate them sometimes. We have neighbors that have a toy Chiuaua (sp) we have one too, just not a toy. Their dog weighs like maybe 1/2 a pound. anyway, Im outside letting Tyson and Brian run around sitting in the grass playing with Tyson, when across the street walks the neighbor with her mini thing. Cute, but so little I would be afraid to step on it. Anyway, tyson pounces, a lot, he loves it. Our chiuaua deals with it and just pounces back. I told that lady, I said"dont put that dog down because Tyson will try and play, and shes too small, hes just a baby, and he will try and pounce her." What does she do???? PUTS THE MINI THING DOWN!!! I go running after Tyson who is running after mini thing across the street in front of the car thats coming, all while having a mild heart attack. I catch him, then pick up mini thing too and give the neighbor mini thing back, and she looks at me and says "shouldnt he know better?"

OMG it took a lot not to look at her and say "I told you what would happen stupid". But I diddnt say that I just said " as big as he looks, hes only 10 weeks old and playing with other dogs is the light in his life. and I asked you not to put your dog down". Im training Tyson how to have manners, but at 10 weeks, being around only one other dog since weve had him, in an open environment like the front yard, what did she think would happen? arghhhh. then she says "pit bulls should be on a leash" I looked at her, called my dogs and we all went in the house and shut the door. I was mad!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I would have had to correct her and tell her he is a BOXER not a PIT.  Then I would have mumbled something like... "Geez, some people need to learn the different  breeds before they open their mouths!"

Yes, I love my neighbors  :roll:   That's why I'm updating inside my house so I can move out to a place where there are no neighbors and the dogs can have room to roam in a bigger back yards.

The outside of the house is done and I'm off work starting tomorrow afternoon to do more painting over the long weekend.

·
Registered
948 Posts
She expected a 10 week old puppy to not want to run across the street and play!??! She's absolutely insane! And for the record.... Boxers and Pitbulls DO NOT look alike what so ever! If it was me and she made a smart racist (breed wise) comment, I would have smacked her across her mouth... But I'm a quiet person when it comes down to it..  :roll:

·
Registered
214 Posts
what i really should have said to her was ; look lady it was you who moseyed over into Tyson's territory with your mini thing, and even after i told you not to put it down you did. IN MY YARD. So take your dog and mosey along back into your yard and leave me and MY BOXER PUPPY alone!!! Im not mean by nature tho, so I just went inside and Told tyson not to listen to stupid people. Hes not bothered by her ignorance anymore!! LOL

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When we first moved into our neighborhood there was poisonings going on.  From what I heard somewhere between 12-15 pets were anti-freezed.  I feel sorry for the pets but if the owners took care of there pets this wouldn't have been an issue.  As far as I know there hasn't been anymore problems.  I'm not worried because Charlie and Sadie stays inside unless that are doing there business.  I know what's in my yard so there safe!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="Flutterby\";p=\"9679":1xs5o0n1]She expected a 10 week old puppy to not want to run across the street and play!??! She's absolutely insane! And for the record.... Boxers and Pitbulls DO NOT look alike what so ever! If it was me and she made a smart racist (breed wise) comment, I would have smacked her across her mouth... But I'm a quiet person when it comes down to it..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts