Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted some opinions from other people about if you think my pup is a full boxer or might be a boxer/pitbull mix.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: My 6 month old Boxer

IMO I would say that I don't think he's pure boxer, the shape of his snout and face just isn't the boxer shape, and like you say I would also suspect boxer/pit mix, but he definitely has the boxer colors.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I agree, he is not 100% boxer. What kind of papers are we talking about?
Welcome to BF though!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Whatever he is, he is a cutie. Could be some pit, lab, or just poor breeding. Who knows? Just enjoy him!  :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
His coloring is boxer but the shape of his head looks more like pitbull. He's beautiful none the less though. I would question the papers though if they say he's purebred.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would tend to think that the papers are fake, but papers really don't matter if your not showing your dog or entering agility contests.....and if you love him who cares about papers right :wink:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Talking strictly textbook boxer standard, he looks mixed.  From the profile pic, boxers are supposed to have a much shorter nose, like:

From the straight on pic, he definitely has the curves to his jaw line of a pit.  He doesn't really have the boxer jowel's either.

He's a handsome little devil though.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
id say a pet is a pet so papers dont matter and whether he is pure or not doesnt matter he is your companion so you should just enjoy that. It is always good to know lines of the dog but he is still a beautiful pup.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
maybe his is mixed,,no matter though, he is soooo cute! enjoy him!he has a beautiful coat! lovely shade of fawn!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
If I hadn't known better, I'd say def. mix.  However, I brought my dog to the dog park, and this lady had 2 boxers.....one was 9 months old, and the other 2 years.  The 2 year old had a long snout like your dog does, and didnt really look full boxer, although the colors and everything were that of a boxer.  She saw both of the parents, and they were both full breed boxers.  Your dog resembles this one quite a bit, although his nose wasn't quite as pointy, and he was brindle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts