Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have brought a boxer puppy into the home and my boxer really is not accepting him. He growls when he walks passed him which is fine I can deal with that. Yesterday in the garden puppy walked up to my boxer and he went ballistic, pinned puppy down and was trying to bite him. I have not let puppy run free around him since in fear he wil attack him again. I do bring pup into the same room and he is fine as long as puppy doesn’t go anywhere near him. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Ok well first not, all "Dog's," like puppy's! So you have work to do anyway with this "Dog."

OK well I just glanced at this but it seems reasonable to me so have a look here.
How To Introduce A New Puppy To Your Dog

This is not a situation, I have ever had ... but it is not unusual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well first not, all "Dog's," like puppy's! So you have work to do anyway with this "Dog."

OK well I just glanced at this but it seems reasonable to me so have a look here.
How To Introduce A New Puppy To Your Dog

This is not a situation, I have ever had ... but it is not unusual.
Thank you for your reply and the link. I have had a good read and will take it on board. We are making baby steps and I’m hoping it’s just a case of waiting until my older dog feels completely comfortable with puppy in his house 😊

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Are they both males? I have always had opposite sexes in the house have never had a problem. Your older dog may be feeling jealous and insecure make sure you pay extra attention to him as well as the puppy walk them on leashes each person walking one dog in your yard to the puppy can go out. There is time no need to rush

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are both males my boy has been neutered and has the softest nature with people and most dogs it I guess outside the home is very different. Had a little break through this morning as I was playing with older dog he tried to interact with puppy and was wagging tail only for a few seconds but it was a start. He seems interested in puppy when I take him in the garden on his lead and follows us around. I think it will take time and management. Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
422 Posts
Boxer Mad, I do have some experience in this situation..it was Not male on Male. it was Female /male pup. Might make a deference. Anyway after about 3 weeks a month she warmed up to the pup.Any way she was my guardian ppd . She taught him every thing she knew. Perimeter boundary's and the beginnings of personal protection. Just give it some time. All the best to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boxer Mad, I do have some experience in this situation..it was Not male on Male. it was Female /male pup. Might make a deference. Anyway after about 3 weeks a month she warmed up to the pup.Any way she was my guardian ppd . She taught him every thing she knew. Perimeter boundary's and the beginnings of personal protection. Just give it some time. All the best to you.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts