Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog is 8 mt and doing ok with only going potty inside but i was gone for a week camping and i am the one who normaly cares for her
my dad was home and he told me she had peed indise 3 times and pooped once she also did it 2 times the day i came home
is she having issues i need to work with or was it mabie she missed me or just needs more work training?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm going through the same problem myself with Petey. He does really good, then he has an accident out of the blue. I'm anxious for some advice myself. I love the muddy pic. I have some in Petey's gallery after he played in the mud the other day also. I had to let him dry off some though before he came in so I could take pics. Gotta love it--Rich

·
Registered
508 Posts
She is still a puppy. She is adorable too. Mine had accidents for a little while, you have to just keep working with her and she will finally get into a groove and hopefully have no more accidents.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It could also have been that your Dad wasn't as attuned to her warning signals as you were, or maybe wasn't as diligent at taking her out.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, just pick back up your regular routine and she'll get back into her training.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have an 8-month-old that I just adopted about 10 days ago. I was told he was housebroken, but in the last 2 days, he's lifted his leg twice. Maybe I just wasn't watching well enough for the signs??!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she peed wile i was home she will usaly do it wile chaseing my cats
mabie shes just gertting to excited but she knows she did wrong cuz when i come walking over she gose to the door to be let out lol

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Advice from a trainer:

For those of you that have had their Boxers for a bit now, they are just puppies.  Get back into your routine and they should be fine.  Accidents are accidents.  Don't use punishment for an accident.  Clean it up and continue through your day.  If you catch them in the process, take them outside to their potty spot and praise enthusiastically when they have done their business.

sbudd--- Your pup is in a new environment.  Just because he came housebroken, doesn't men he knows where to go at your house.  Teach him where to go and watch him for his cues.  He may even be marking his territory.  Give me more info and I'll try to be more specific.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for your advice
she is my first Boxer and i love it so loving and friendly
shes never met a stranger and im glad to have found this form so i can get advice and if i am right i hurd a Boxers puppyhood is up to 2 years insted of 1 for a normal dog

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Actually Boxers puppyhood last until they are 2-3 years depending on the Boxer.  They are also playful like puppies until the very end.

Hope you have a blast!!!  Enjoy every mmoment of it.  Any time you need help, we're all here.  I am also available for professional training advice and everyone here is doing great about their Boxers training, so they are great for advice as well.

Welcome!!!

Liz (professional dog trainer) and Lilly (service dog extraordinaire)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome! You will definately get some good advice and informatio on this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts