Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boxer, China, start her season yesterday. How long will she bleed, I heard that its one week of bleeding, one week of mating and one week of go out of heat. Do they bleed for 3 week?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am not sure how long heats last as all my dogs are fixed.. but please never let her out of your site when she goes outside, it only takes a few seconds for a male to get to her and then it will be too late to separate them.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
First i would like to say that this question has been answered many times in the forum, please utilize the search opition.

Second not all boxers are the same. Some dont bleed the first week, bleed the second, and come off the third. Some boxers bleed all three weeks, and some hardly bleed at all. Typicaly heat cycles dont last longer than 3 wks. hope this helps some

·
Registered
696 Posts
My girl went through her first heat & it only lasted about a week. But as Andrea said - it varies. Are you going to be breeding her?! If not, I suggest getting her fixed. It's the responsible thing to do & it will save you from having any unwanted litters - since it only takes one time for an accident to commence.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
We have to let Sadie go through one heat before we spay her due to a lot of Vaginitis and UTI problems. I'm not looking forward to it...she should start anytime now...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Jetta's heats lasted three weeks!  And she HATED the diapers.  Poor thing, she also hated not being able to run around free...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rosie is 11 months old and we will be breeding her one time only. She has taken to the diaper pretty well, but I know she doesnt like them. I excercise her with bike rides. It's a fast pace and if I see any dogs I just either go faster or make a U-turn.  I normally take her to the dog park, but that is not going to happen and time soon.  The other thing is that she developed warts. I am pretty sure it was from the dog park. There's a community water bowl that all dogs drink from. I bring her own water and bowl, but before I know it she's over at that bowl.

I did some research and found out that L-Lysine and oil of oregano will get rid of the virus. And it did, the oil of oregano, I had to get empty capsules from the health food store and put 3 drops into one capsule then push it down her throat. She only has one wart left out of 3.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Peppermint oil also works on wart things.  Dogs can develop what is called a Canine Papoloma virus which is white cauliflower things in the mouth.  Its transmitted like you said thru contact with other dogs.

Also at 11 months be careful with bike rides, not too long.   Her growth plates are not closed yet and you could be risking some injury shall you do it frequently and for long durations.  I see you are planning on breeding your girl.  PLEASE take some time to look over the sticky section in the breeding forum.  There is tons of information with regards to breeding, age (over 2 years) proper testing, as well as getting your dog evaluated to see if she should even be bred.  I am not trying to be the breeding police, just want to point out all the useful information we have complied for those interested in breeding.   Its not for everyone, but if you do decide to continue on with it, please do it the ethical responsible way  :wink:

Here is all the information -

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... forum&f=10

1 - 9 of 9 Posts