Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been in the vet hospital since Moday night. Her body has been really ouchie for about 2 weeks. Every time we would pick her up she would cry and she kept crying in her sleep. At first we thought it was her legs, went to the vet took x rays and nothing was found, sent her home with pain meds. Four days later she was worse. Its hard to explain but her belly dropped kinda like a hernia. More x rays, still nothing. After tons of tests she has a bad infection caused from trauma. They put an IV in her for stong pain meds and antibotics. Now she has a drain in her belly. Probably the other dogs playing to rough, not sure. I will be able to bring her home but Im scared to death. With that drain Im going be a nervous wreck.  :-SS

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awwwwwwwwwww im so sorry !...i would be nervous too..went through the drainage thing with our 20 pound siamese..of course he pulled it out 2 days later :roll:

keep us posted...ask a million questions of the vet and make sure you have a number to call at night just in case....

we are here when ever you need to talk :D

LUV THE XMAS PIC...GIVE THAT BABY A KISS FROM US AND A BIG ONE FROM ISIS

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would be scared too, with the drain.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Hope Zora is feeling better soon! I know I just hate it when my babies are sick.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my, poor Zora....What could have happened? I imagine it's possible that it could have happened in play, but kinda strange...So, you are bringing her home with the drip? I would say you would need to keep her isolated, possibly crated or use a baby playpen or something...Obviously she needs to stay quiet, yea right, she's a Boxer puppy....Sendings tons of healing vibes to Zora and hoping she gets well real soon :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vet just called and they took the drain out...Thank god. There sending her home on antibiotics and pain meds. Im gonna pick her up at about 6 tonight. Thank you all for the well wishes...I will keep you updated...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad she's coming home...Like us, our babies seem to recupe better when they are home..Glad the drip is coming out, much easier for you  :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Zora whooo hooo let us know how it goes :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts