Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it will be worth it...Started the excavation to level some of it off in preparation for the fences..Woo Hoo!!!! Had to take the back steps off tho, so poor Samson is having a bit of a tough time right now..We use the front door which has deeper steps and more of them....Then the bugger surprises me and just leaps on and off the the back deck!  8O What the heck is up with him? I am not going to know how to act when I don't have to keep getting up to take Angel out...Lol, yes I do, I will be happy :) Pics to follow of the progress

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would gladly put up with the mess if it meant I got a fence; can't wait to see pictures.  How long is it going to take?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i know they sell the stairs for older dogs but i think id just build some quick ones ..haha well not me maybe since id probably end up hammering them to my leg or something but have hubby do it hahaha...
jsut some in the meantime ones i mean..

whoo hooo for your new fence "coming soon"

have they gotten a ride in the new ride yet? hehe

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yep, I would put up with the mess if that meant a fence too!  :D Congrats, I know you have been waiting a long time for this to happen! Now....am I starting to smell some puppy breath?  :think:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahaha i was thinking the same thing..hmmmm fence=puppy hehehe..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything should be finished in about a week, include grass....Marq has to pull off of it for a couple days to do another job, so that's why the delay.....

Lol Lisa, yup, you smell puppy breath, the litter is due at Christmas, so keeping my fingers crossed that my baby is in that bunch....

The kiddos love the new car. Samson goes out every morning and stands next to it waiting for a ride... :roll: It's so darn cold and windy I haven't even taken them to the park for walks and now they have no where to romp since the yard is a mess....Going to be a looonnnnngggg week, but worth it..... :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm SO excited that you are finally getting your fencing! It seems like recently that you were saying it was going to be a while before you were getting the fence put up..my how time flies! You are lucky, new car and fence all in the same month!! Merry Christmas Willow!! They fur kids are gonna looooove the new fence  :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
YAY!!! NEW FENCE! I remember we we were getting ours!! I was SOOO HAPPY!! I could just let him RUN right out there!! Although, I must admit... if I didn't have a fence I probably would have a 'destroyed' backyard right now! lol

CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, let me give you all an update on what's going on...We rented a Bobcat to move dirt and level off stuff...2 Bobcats later, we are about 3/4 done and Marq is spitting nails at the rental company..The first one just dies yesterday morning, so they brought out a second one, this morning one of the tires shredded and you can see that the rim was terribly bent...They want to charge us for the tire(which had a plug in it already). Marq told them "come get it", called a friend, and he's getting a Dozer out here tmw.....So, I have a ton of dirt all over and huge pile of gravel in the driveway....Never a dull moment :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"56923 said:
Well, let me give you all an update on what's going on...We rented a Bobcat to move dirt and level off stuff...2 Bobcats later, we are about 3/4 done and Marq is spitting nails at the rental company..The first one just dies yesterday morning, so they brought out a second one, this morning one of the tires shredded and you can see that the rim was terribly bent...They want to charge us for the tire(which had a plug in it already). Marq told them "come get it", called a friend, and he's getting a Dozer out here tmw.....So, I have a ton of dirt all over and huge pile of gravel in the driveway....Never a dull moment :)
These things never seem to happen without a hitch! Hope the dirt issue gets resolved soon! Got your card today! Love it  :D

G

·
0 Posts
I am stalking my hubby to do the fence...but he waited too long and now the ground is too hard..guess it will have to wait til spring...though thankfully they dont' run away...the most they do is run into the park next door, lol

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sooo happy to hear the fence is underway, slowly, with some set-backs......but underway!!!!!! Also glad to hear Samson approves of the new ride!! Our fence has also has some BIG set backs, like 2 foot snow drifts.GRRRR

·
Registered
648 Posts
Backyard and Fencing Ideas....welcome

Hi all,

Backyards and fencing is what is on my mind these days with Britneys arrival!  If anyone could give my wife and I some suggestions for the future would be very helpful to make the best decision up front??

Currently, our yard is completly fenced in and landscaped weekly - however we are talking about letting her out while we are at work when she gets old enough.. (not sure what age that shoud be?)  When we come home I plan to exercise her and do training and have her sleep in the house.

Now I am wondering if we shoud build some sort of dog run for her to be in while we are at work or just simply let her free in the yard??? Knowing a youth she may destroy things and dig and once she gets in this pattern I am afraid it will be hard to break.  We had a pointer when I was a kid and all she liked to do was dig.

The key here is knowbody will be home during the day...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Britney's dad:
We have a 10 x 15 foot holding pen in our back yard that we use for Henry.  It has a dog house in it so he can get out of the weather.  It is raised off the ground to keep ants out.  He has a little room to run around, but still can't get into stuff.  Now that he's older, we let him have free run of the yard.  We would spend time in the yard with him until he was used to the whole thing, then gradually let him have his freedom.  I'd say at about 6 months he was "free".  But our yard is 1 acre and is fenced all around the property, not just the back.
Hope this helps.
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you can possibly do a dog run that would keep her out of plants and such that would be good.....Buck demolished our Mailbu lights in the backyard when he was a pup and then Tia decided to have a go at my cactus garden as well....Some Boxers dig, Buck did as a pup, but seemed to grow out of it :) Make sure that there is shelter as well, the raised dog house is a great idea....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thank you both for your kind suggestions. Raised dog house is a must - I agree with all the ants that come. samsonsmom- like you say we have allot of plants like hedges that surround all of our grass and she loves to dive into them and get a mouth full of dirt. Daddy has to be quick on his feet to catch her! However, she is starting to learn pretty quickly I don't like her to go in them by going up to the flower and slowly smelling them watching my response. Usually, I just pick her up and turn her way - over and over. But it seems to be working.....

As Zhanna says it probably won't be until she is 6mo. or more that I can trust she is alright to be free in the yard without worrying about what she does.  However, my wife says ' we can just plant more'! I laughed because the plants are not what I am worrying about but the habit of doing it and me not being around to correct it when it happens that scares me!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts